No announcement yet.

Hail! Size??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Call your insurance company and have them inspect it.

Comment

You will need a new roof

Comment

Couple years ago we had golf ball to tennis ball size and my roof was fine but several of my neighbors had theirs replaced. Seemed like a get rich quick scheme for the roofers.

Comment

Hail! Size??

Originally posted by 6.5 shooter View Post
          Call your insurance company and have them inspect it.

I’ll add..... with a roofer present.

I can’t count how many adjusters get on the roof, walk around and don’t write up damages. With Allstate for instance, we tell all of our customer to expect the first inspection to be denied.

If you get denied the first time, regardless of the company, always call for a reinspection.

In short, don’t take your insurance company’s paid advice. Get someone that you trust to look at it first. Insurance companies aren’t paid to pay you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Biggs View Post
            Free roof!
            Never free. You still pay deductible.

Comment

We had dime to quarter size last night. My house/roof is less than 3 years old. I can't see any signs of damage from visual ground inspection. When similar hail hit my 15 year old roof in Cypress, you could see shiny black where the aggregate was knocked off the shingles plus chunks and corners knocked off shingles in places.
              When a reputable roofing company comes around to offer a free inspection, I will let them but I'm not calling in on this one. Amica has been pretty good to us and didn't hesitate on a new roof for my last house.

Comment

Originally posted by tpack View Post
                Never free. You still pay deductible.

A good roofer will work it out if you know what I mean

Comment

Just SW of you in NW Boerne

The hail received in my hood yesterday had some baseball sized - golfball down to quarter and dime sized hail.

Busted windshields and windows at Mission Pharmacal - trees defoliated with busted branches and dented vehicles

Lotta roof damage I am sure

Comment

Last time the hail rolled through SA I had to get a new roof. TBH member Chootem (Brad Wilson) did an awesome job on my roof. He got me taken care of quickly and he was great to work with. You should reach out to him at 210-324-8018.

Comment

1" hail is usually where it will start to damage shingles. Lots of variables though. Age and condition of shingle, wind speed, wind direction, density of the hail, etc...

Comment

Originally posted by AtTheWall View Post
                        Just SW of you in NW Boerne

The hail received in my hood yesterday had some baseball sized - golfball down to quarter and dime sized hail.

Busted windshields and windows at Mission Pharmacal - trees defoliated with busted branches and dented vehicles

Lotta roof damage I am sure
                        Yea, it was a pretty fast storm, but it hammered my truck and the trees are pretty beat up

The outer buildings got some broken glass and water damage, roof out there doesn’t look good
                        Lots of different insurance dedutables
                        Last edited by S-3 Ranch; 05-04-2021, 08:05 AM.

Comment

Last time I did it I called the roofer first. Then had him here to meet with the ins agent and walk the roof.................

Comment

I have had 2 roofs in the past 5 years from hail. Both times called my insurance company, they inspected and wrote me a check on the spot.

Comment

Just don't go with one of the 10 guys that will be knocking on your door today.

Comment

That will cause plenty of damage; golf ball/ping pong ball. I used to be in the insurance business and that will bruise/split shingles every time.

Comment

Working...
                                X