Sons of American Revolution, SCV, etc?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sons of American Revolution, SCV, etc?

So in digging around, I'm eligible for membership in SAR and SCV through my grandmother's side.

Is there any benefit to joining this type of thing? Any of you guys/gals members?

Although I had a distant cousin killed at the Goliad massacre, we don't have a direct line to Texas till the 1850's.

I'm a member, no real benefits, but I enjoy learning about my heritage.

Comment

Would give you some street cred next time you make a Bowie knife for the governor.

I am a member of SRT. They would have a monthly meeting at Post Oak Grill with a good speaker, I used to attend when I worked closer. If you can find a family member that is already a member it makes researching the application much easier. But most people in the group are willing to help if you have questions.

Comment

Originally posted by batmaninja View Post
        Would give you some street cred next time you make a Bowie knife for the governor.
        Lol, there's that. I have considered running for state legislature, among other things. Wouldn't hurt to join a few good ol' boys clubs.

Comment

My dad and grandad were members SAR. I should see about joining.

Comment

Wife is a member of the daughters of the revolution, we learned she is a descendent of Patrick Henry

Comment

Originally posted by Bowtech32 View Post
              Wife is a member of the daughters of the revolution, we learned she is a descendent of Patrick Henry
              I bet that was an amazing finding for her family. I need to research and see if Crispus Attucks has family in those organizations. Regrettably, both sides of our family were stuck waaaaaaay south, even before we were a nation. #NOLA #300years

Comment

Working...
              X