Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My Polaris Sportsman left me stranded, again.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I took it back to Grapevine Powersports - the original place of purchase.

For 30+ minutes they denied that I had an extended warranty and they wrote up the service ticket to charge me for a fuel pump replacement. Some back and forth and I throw down my observation that they are attempting to rip me off. The GM comes out and after 30 minutes they finally dig up the paperwork that shows they sold me a Kawasaki extended warranty for my Polaris that expires 12/2020. That program no longer exists; however, I'm told someone will eventually honor the extended warranty.

During my visit there was ZERO empathy that I will now be on my THIRD fuel pump. When the last fuel pump was replaced I was told the newer fuel pumps would not fail like the prior pump.

I am hoping everything works out and cooler heads prevail, and I will follow up with a recommendation for Grapevine Powersports. But today's visit was worse than pulling teeth or walking through 3 miles of snake infested fields back to camp because my Sportsman left me stranded.

Comment

My kawasaki mule left me stranded one time. It was a hot 2 mile hike back to the house. Had a bad fuel pump, it only lasted 2800 hours....lol

Comment

Originally posted by alien_scones View Post
        I took it back to Grapevine Powersports - the original place of purchase.

For 30+ minutes they denied that I had an extended warranty and they wrote up the service ticket to charge me for a fuel pump replacement. Some back and forth and I throw down my observation that they are attempting to rip me off. The GM comes out and after 30 minutes they finally dig up the paperwork that shows they sold me a Kawasaki extended warranty for my Polaris that expires 12/2020. That program no longer exists; however, I'm told someone will eventually honor the extended warranty.

During my visit there was ZERO empathy that I will now be on my THIRD fuel pump. When the last fuel pump was replaced I was told the newer fuel pumps would not fail like the prior pump.

I am hoping everything works out and cooler heads prevail, and I will follow up with a recommendation for Grapevine Powersports. But today's visit was worse than pulling teeth or walking through 3 miles of snake infested fields back to camp because my Sportsman left me stranded.
        Did they move? Are they now off 121 by the high school?

Comment

I have a Gravely JSV 6000. It's built on a Polaris 570 Crew chassis. The only thing Gravely does different is supposed to be the rear suspension and bed.

Anyway, I was having trouble with it charging, so I changed the stator. Put it all back together and went to test run it. It ran about a half mile and started cutting out and died. The speedometer was flashing ENGINE. I turned the key off for a little while and it cranked back up. Rode a few feet and started cutting out and died again. Finally limped it back to the shop and the water temp light was blinking on by then. I checked the radiator and it had pressure, I added fluid after having it apart. I also changed the oil and filter at the same time I was changing the stator. Oil level is good. I tried to read the diagnostics on it, SW113 is all I could get it to show. I called a Polaris dealer and he couldn't find that code. I called the dealer I bought it from and all he would tell me is bring it in and let it sit at his place a couple of weeks.

Anybody here have any advice or have seen this problem before?

Comment

If you can, sell it and buy a Yamaha grizzly 700. You'll be glad you did.

Comment

I have a 2004 Sportsman 400 with 1900 hours and lord knows how many miles. My biggest complaint is having to replace the battery every few years. I really like it.

I did have to replace the pod last year but ever since, it has been great. Before the pod went bad, it was great. Bad pod = bad machine.

Comment

Originally posted by Dusty Britches View Post
                I have a 2004 Sportsman 400 with 1900 hours and lord knows how many miles. My biggest complaint is having to replace the battery every few years. I really like it.

I did have to replace the pod last year but ever since, it has been great. Before the pod went bad, it was great. Bad pod = bad machine.
                What's this pod you speak of?

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Sorry to hear about your problems.
                  I've owned 3 different models of Polaris and currently own a 700 and have never had a problem with any of them. I have them serviced yearly. But have always used Four Wheels of Texas in Fort Worth.

Comment

My buddies are ditching Polaris fast lately for Kawasaki , my Polaris has small issues as well, good luck!

Comment

When i changed my air filter, mine did something similar but turns out i didnt have the filter on securely. Fixed and good every since

Comment

Originally posted by bakin7005 View Post
                        What's this pod you speak of?

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
                        The center computer console. Has the digital readout and nearly every wire on it connects to the pod.

They rarely go out but I started having trouble with mine when I picked it up from a shade tree mechanic who I think damaged it in his effort to complete $800 of work. I think he knew he messed something up because he would never return my calls.
                        Last edited by Dusty Britches; 09-05-2019, 12:56 PM.

Comment

Working...
                        X