No announcement yet.

2021-22 east texas season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do any of you not plant food plots or use feeders? How many of you only hand corn?

Comment

Originally posted by U.S.ArmyRetired View Post
      Do any of you not plant food plots or use feeders? How many of you only hand corn?
      If I'm buck hunting most of the time I'm sitting on hand corn and areas where they travel. The last 4 bucks me and my buddy killed in Newton county were within 200 yards of the feeder but killed this way. Only one was headed towards the feeder.

Comment

Actually thinking back we have each killed another buck this same method over the last 8ish years all together. So that's 3 bucks each hunting hand corn and trails around the feeders

Comment

Originally posted by Etxbuckman View Post
          And for anyone that doesn’t know, there’s a really good taco truck in Trinity now. It’s called Tacos by the Trax and it’s right across the railroad tracks on Highway 94.

I know this could wind up making the lines longer but I also want this place to do well so we have good Mexican food for years to come, so y’all go check them out.
          x2 good food and fulll tacos

Comment

Originally posted by U.S.ArmyRetired View Post
            I only hand corn. Have setup feeders in the past and always either had no mature deer going to them or had them stolen.

Comment

Originally posted by Pineywoods View Post
              Got my planting done today, protein feeder topped off, my sweet feed trough filled and cards pulled. The bucks are still hitting the sweet feed hard everyday, multiple times per day. The tall nine is still coming in every morning and most evenings and eats sweet feed for about 20-30 mins. I put my son to work today lol.

[ATTACH]1063253[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]1063254[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]1063255[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]1063256[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]1063257[/ATTACH]
              Looking good! You've got some great bucks this year

Comment

And for anyone that doesn’t know, there’s a really good taco truck in Trinity now. It’s called Tacos by the Trax and it’s right across the railroad tracks on Highway 94.

I know this could wind up making the lines longer but I also want this place to do well so we have good Mexican food for years to come, so y’all go check them out.
                Stopped in today on the way to my place in Grapeland. Got the street tacos. Definitely some good stuff.

J

Comment

Originally posted by JhuntsAlot View Post
                  Stopped in today on the way to my place in Grapeland. Got the street tacos. Definitely some good stuff.

J
                  Glad you did that, and glad you enjoyed them. Trinity lacks anything real decent so I’d like them to be around a while.

I did see a new place north of town is about to open, it’s called Wagon Wheel, so we’ll have to see what they’ve got and if they can last.

Comment

J
                    Have you tried the new little burger joint down from the feed store in Grapeland? I pass by it almost every weekend going to our place and haven't tried it yet.

Comment

Glad you did that, and glad you enjoyed them. Trinity lacks anything real decent so I’d like them to be around a while.

I did see a new place north of town is about to open, it’s called Wagon Wheel, so we’ll have to see what they’ve got and if they can last.
                      Yeah, seen that too. I stopped when it was the TexMex place with the wife one time. Wasnt bad. Just probably tough getting people to stop without word of mouth.

J

Comment

Have you tried the new little burger joint down from the feed store in Grapeland? I pass by it almost every weekend going to our place and haven't tried it yet.
                        I just seen that today too, just before I stopped at the farm & ranch.

Might need to try it this week. Haha.

With all the food and beer places popping up, I will be stacking the winter weight fast.

J
                        Last edited by JhuntsAlot; 09-21-2021, 05:47 PM.

Comment

I just seen that today too, just before I stopped at the farm & ranch.

Might need to try it this week. Haha.

With all the food and beer places popping up, I will be stacking the winter weight fast.

.J

Our place is only 10 mins from the Farm & Ranch right there. If you cross the tracks, turn by the Baptist church, pass Salmon Lake on FM 1272, and drive til pavement turns to dirt road...you'd be real close to us

Comment

Have you tried tacos by the tracks in trinity pretty darn good

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Our place is only 10 mins from the Farm & Ranch right there. If you cross the tracks, turn by the Baptist church, pass Salmon Lake on FM 1272, and drive til pavement turns to dirt road...you'd be real close to us
                              Ha! Very cool.

Going same direction from town I am down 227 5 or 6 miles.

We are definitely close. I will have to get with you sometime and pick your brain on some stuff.

J

Comment

Originally posted by Snowflake Killa View Post
                                Have you tried tacos by the tracks in trinity pretty darn good

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
                                Hahaha

Ok, back to talk about hunting now.

J

Comment

Working...
                                X