Staccato. Worth it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by andre3k View Post
    I believe they completely outsourced manufacturing instead of making them in house.

As far as the old STI 2011 magazines, they were known be the weak link of the gun. The tubes weren't consistent and almost every USPSA open and limited shooter immediately rebuilt them after purchase. All of my original sti mags were gutted and replaced with grams springs and followers and I still had to tune the feed lips for reliable feeding. Now that Staccato and many others are manufacturing reliable mags now, you don't hear about the issues, because it's no longer an issue.

Run a Google search for "sti magazine issues" and you'll see that it a pervasive issue prior to Staccatto outsourcing manufacturing.

Dawson still sells a magazine tuning kit for STI mags.

Sent from my SM-X200 using Tapatalk
    you had me at they fixed the problem... by completely outsourcing!

maybe they should fix their cost problem too by completely outsourcing to rock island armory!

Comment

STI Tac 5.0 2011, yes! It was my duty rig until I promoted to investigations.
      Last edited by bowhunterhelm; 02-05-2023, 11:37 AM.

Comment

Don't do it!!
        If you DO go down that rabbit hole, you will not want to fire most (if not all) of your other weapons.
        I recently picked up one of their XC models and I swear I'm a better shooter now because of it.
        Staccato are good people and they take care of their customers, they also appreciate the LE and military community.
        If interested in one, I'd try and line up a range session with someone owning the model(s) you're interested in so you can try out.
        I have an XC, if you are ever in my area, you are more than welcome to try out.

Comment

Short answer, yes. My Staccato P is one of the best shooting guns I've ever owned. Had a chance to shoot the CS, and it's even better. Great weapons.

Comment

just ordered one! there saying 60-90 days seriously???

Comment

Theres been at least 2 dozen guys at my dept buy them in the last year. Ive shot one or two of them and I own an STI duty 1. When I took my optics class there were two guys in the class with one. One bought it to make him a better shooter. He spent 3k for nothing cause he still sucked.

IMO theyre smooth and a good shooting pistol but they arent gonna make someone deader than a taurus

Originally posted by okiepighunter View Post
              just ordered one! there saying 60-90 days seriously???
              At one time they had an option to pay for a faster build

Comment

Our dept orders came in right at 2 months.

Sent from my SM-A135U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by imyomama View Post
                  you had me at they fixed the problem... by completely outsourcing!

maybe they should fix their cost problem too by completely outsourcing to rock island armory!
                  My thoughts too. Don't need it to be pretty, just 100% reliable and super accurate without having to have it worked on.

Comment

Guns plus in Georgetown usually has a large selection in stock if you don’t want to wait.

Comment

Texas Gun Experience usually has one for rent and in the case.

Comment

Yep, you’ll love it.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Do they only offer 9mm? Their website is kind of hard to navigate.

Comment

Originally posted by Jamvo View Post
                            Do they only offer 9mm? Their website is kind of hard to navigate.
                            Yes, they went to 9mm only when changing over to Staccato name.

Comment

I don't own one (yet) and feel like they're worth it.

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
                                Theres been at least 2 dozen guys at my dept buy them in the last year. Ive shot one or two of them and I own an STI duty 1. When I took my optics class there were two guys in the class with one. One bought it to make him a better shooter. He spent 3k for nothing cause he still sucked.

IMO theyre smooth and a good shooting pistol but they arent gonna make someone deader than a taurus

At one time they had an option to pay for a faster build

This. If you are buying it because you are already a competent shooter, you appreciate certain features and the price isn't too steep for you, then sure. Worth it.

If you think they are going to make you a better shooter it's a waste of money. You'd be better off with a Glock and 5,000 rounds of ammo.

Comment

Working...
                                X