• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks like a Marlin 336 to me.

Comment

Originally posted by hpdrifter View Post
      Looks like a Marlin 336 to me.
      It pretty much is....Ruger bought out Marlin. See title of thread.

Comment

I'll be wanting this one in caliber .41 Remington Magnum to go with my Bisley Hunter .41 mag.
        Attached Files

Comment

My Marlin 335 30-30 has 7 kills to it's credit. Somehow it is 7 for 7 shots!!

I will say, that crossbolt safety sucks. It cost me a bobcat at 20-yards.

In any case, that is a lovely rifle.

Comment

Still have mine from 1984 and the receipt when my dad bought it at Oshmans. Got a doe that Christened with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
              It pretty much is....Ruger bought out Marlin. See title of thread.
              my point! does it look slicker than a Marlin made 336?

Comment

Originally posted by SJP51 View Post

My JM stamped 1895G had a cross bolt safety. I had it removed and welded up by Tyler Gunworks. Then case colored I HATE that safety

Comment

Sign me up

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell8 View Post
                    Looks slick. Next rifle is 45-70 out on this
                    1895 .45-70 rifle, trapper model and guide gun are out. 336 in .30-30 win and .35 rem are coming out soon. 1894 should be out come spring after the 336 debuts. Have the rifle and Trapper should be here any day.

Comment

Originally posted by SJP51 View Post

Slip a small O-ring over the end of the crossbolt on the left side to keep it from accidentally being engaged. Saw that done on a youtube vid.

Comment

Originally posted by osochuck View Post
                        Still have mine from 1984 and the receipt when my dad bought it at Oshmans. Got a doe that Christened with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oshman's, that's a name I haven't seen in a while.

Comment

35 Rem please, for now.

Comment

[QUOTE=SJP51;16628150]My Marlin 335 30-30 has 7 kills to it's credit. Somehow it is 7 for 7 shots!!

In any case, that is a lovely rifle.[/QUOTE

Place the safety in the off position. Wrap black thread around it to increase diameter then cover with black or clear lacquer, paint or nail polish to prevent it from fraying. Lasts quite awhile unless you get solvent on it or rub it a lot.

Comment

I been watching a couple of Marlins in .41 mag on gunbroker. They really proud of those things. Bids are 3 times what they cost new.

Comment

Fondled a Ruger made Marlin 336 in 30-30 yesterday. Neatest thing I saw was the bullseye back in it but with a red center dot.

Wood looked like walnut. Fit and finish was great! Wasn’t able to work the lever, but blueing was clean. Had a tag of $999.99.

Comment

Working...
                                X