Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Optic cut on a pistol slide, who does it well?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Optic cut on a pistol slide, who does it well?

I'm looking to have an optic cut on a Sig P365 slide.
    Does anyone have a good recommendation for a 'smith to do it?

What about just getting a new slide? Several company’s have some out now.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas007 View Post
      That is a workable idea, but I'd rather not have a spare slide just taking up space in the safe.

Although it would be faster than having my slide machined..... Hmmmmm.

Comment

Battlewerx

Comment

Sell that gun and buy one that already has the slide cut, or trade it in if you can get a decent deal

Comment

Maple Leaf Firearms, Celina, Texas does solid work and their turn around time is fast.

Comment

Chk jagerwerks, primary machine and impact machine. All top notch. I havnt checked recently but turn around is typically not bad.
              Jagerwerks did my p10c, will prob have impact machine do my CZ PCR

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Texas slide works in tomball

Comment

Our guys love Maple Leaf and Vulcan especially if you're around DFW.

Comment

Thanks for the helpful info.

Maple Leaf seems to have good reviews, and I think that I’ll send it their way.

Comment

Maple leaf in Celina is great. That’s where I took my P365 since he’s just 5 minutes from me. If you are around DFW and take it to him in person, he may be able to do it right then if you talk to him ahead of time. He did for me. Got to see the whole process and bs with him.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas007 View Post

This^ good thing is that if for some reason you don’t want the red dot on it then just swap the slides.

Comment

I'm getting my G20 cut and getting a HoloSun installed, it should be ready on Tuesday. I'll post pics when I get it. I'm getting it done at Ronin Armory here in Laredo.

Comment

Tagged in to see the results.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Comment

Update on the optic cut:
                              I sent the new P365 slide off to Maple Leaf Firearms (Celina, TX) for the optics cut.

The setup and order operation of M.L.F. is nicely done, as I received email notices at each stage of the order and I could log onto their website and see the updated info.

While the MLF website indicated estimated 2-3 week turnaround for optic cuts (no refinishing), my slide took 4 1/2 weeks. It was right during archery deer season, so I think I can give them some consideration there, ha ha.

The packaging that my slide was returned in was really nice! Custom cut foam in the box to fit the slide, and a notice included with the screws about which driver to use for correct fit.
                              The machining looks cleanly executed, and the fit of the optic was very exact in the machined slide.
                              Threads were clean, and installing the optic was easy.
                              I am very pleased with the whole project and I'd recommend Maple Leaf Firearms.

Comment

Working...
                              X