No announcement yet.

Which bed cover?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I ran the Bakflip MX4 on my old truck for years. I had one warranty issue with it, and the customer service was awesome!

With my new truck, I discovered the Gator FX which is a rebranded MX4, a little less expensive, and it has the exact same customer service team as Bakflip. It's been awesome. Many of the folding tonneaus don't fold up all the way to the cab, which leaves a lot of space out of the equation - the FX folds all the way up, and is really easy to remove completely if needed.

Gator FX Tonneau

Here's a video I did that shows installation and functionality.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HmlJ1ix4mrE"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HmlJ1ix4mrE[/ame]

Comment

Roll-n-lock
      I have had a soft pop/lock in place cover that requires rails clamped on the bed caps and I don't much care for it. My last truck had the roll-n-lock and I really liked that one!

Comment

Had a solid fold on the last truck and liked it a lot. It's strong enough to put a few hundred pounds on and will fold up out of the way. It leaked a little with age, but good enough for me. Have a ram bedcover on the new truck, bought it used for $100 and it's a giant POS, but it keeps most of the water out, so there's that. I think if I upgrade, I'm going to a softtopper. Or a flatbed. I know a company that makes pretty good ones.

Comment

Had a Roll n Lock on a 2018 GMC Z71. Good cover but only locked in 3 preset positions and I never was crazy about the center locking mechanism or the strap.

Went with a Retrax Pro MX on the 2022 GMC AT4 and it’s hard to compare the two other than they are both sliders. The Retrax is a definite upgrade. Stops anywhere along the rails. No strap. Heftier built for certain.

RealTruck carries a wide array of Retrax products for your truck with free shipping in the lower 48 United States. Get the right part for your truck easily with help from our simple-to-use site and team of product experts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

If you go Retrax, make sure you bite the bullet and get the Pro. I went the cheaper route (RetraxOne) and it broke on me within two years. When I took it in to (unsuccessfully) be fixed, the guy told me that when he heard I was having issues with my Retrax, he knew it would be a One and not the Pro. Had to upgrade to the Pro and its great.

Comment

Get the BAK Revolver X4s Tonneau Cover from RealTruck fast with free shipping in the lower 48 United States. Our team of product experts, extensive image galleries, and legendary customer service make it easy to get the right part the first time.

Comment

For those that are voting for diamondback, is there a configuration that you can get so that you can still pull a gooseneck without taking the entire thing off? I have had a bakflip since 2013, but its seen a lot of miles and is dying a slow death.

Comment

My last truck had a Bakflip and it was great. Got another for the current truck and it's been a piece of garbage. Won't be going back for another.

Comment

Originally posted by EastTexun View Post
                    For those that are voting for diamondback, is there a configuration that you can get so that you can still pull a gooseneck without taking the entire thing off? I have had a bakflip since 2013, but its seen a lot of miles and is dying a slow death.
                    I dont think so, BUT it literally takes no more than 15 minutes to take it off and less than that to put it back on. I bought the one on here for my taco and we had it installed and ready to go before you could say go.

Comment

I think I'm going with the BAKFLIP MX4.

Comment

I’ve got the Retrax and don’t have anything negative to say about it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Bryan11 View Post
                          I put the Diamond Back on my truck this past June. I took it to Colorado on a 3 week camping trip with my sons and i had the bed packed to the brim, 2 coolers and a cargo carry bag on top of the cover. Never would have fit everything we needed otherwise with a regular bed cover.

The couple times i've had something too large for the back cover to close, i just use a ratchet strap on the corner cleats and run it under my hitch and it's really secure.

On labor day, i hauled a 6'x6' blind that i broke down into 4 wall panels and a roof panel and loaded on top, Had tools and deer corn in the bed, secure.

It does have its drawbacks, but being able to haul stuff on top and keep stuff dry and secure on the bottom has made me appreciate it.
                          ^This is the reason why I bought a Diamondback yesterday. Can't wait to get it.

Comment

Originally posted by Javelin View Post
                            I dont think so, BUT it literally takes no more than 15 minutes to take it off and less than that to put it back on. I bought the one on here for my taco and we had it installed and ready to go before you could say go.
                            Thanks for the input.

Comment

Diamondback all the way. I was worried about not getting taller items back there but it only takes a few secs to fold the rear over for the taller items. I’ve hauled plenty of furniture, bed frames, mattresses, 2 large coolers with elk meat on the top of mine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Yep, Diamondback. The HD version will hold 1600 lbs on top, I walk on it to wash my roof and no flex at at. What want fit under put on top.

Comment

Working...
                                X