No announcement yet.

Draw Hunt - Hill Country State Natural Area

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finally saw my first mammal of the day. A coon just showed up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by CaptTank View Post
      Finally saw my first mammal of the day. A coon just showed up.

I did expect to be seeing more. Squirrels and quail are the only things of note so far. Sky is starting to clear - maybe that will change things up as we end the day.

Comment

Originally posted by goofiefoot View Post
        I did expect to be seeing more. Squirrels and quail are the only things of note so far. Sky is starting to clear - maybe that will change things up as we end the day.

Sure hope so. Getting close to magic hour.

Comment

Good luck to everyone hunting. I'm following along and pulling for ya'll to score!!!

Comment

Nothing this evening. That was long day in the blind. Back at it first thing tomorrow.

Comment

Keep at it

Comment

Good luck this morning gents!

Comment

Good luck!

Comment

Sorry for not posting last night. Had a 3 point show up and stay till dark and that was it for the day.

Back at it this morning. Had a nice young 8 pt on the corn at first light and then he moved off. Pretty dang windy. Did see two does close to my dad’s blind when we drove in this morning. I’m hoping they work his way.

Good luck to everyone. Final countdown.

Comment

Windy morning. Most of my corn was eaten overnight but nothing moving now. Dad has a 6 pt on his corn, so he at least has proof they do exist.

Comment

Anybody had any luck?

Comment

Well, folks, it was fun. I did not see one deer the entire time I was in the park. It was nice to be out and the TPWD always runs a good hunt.

I think they’ll need to consider how they move forward with this hunt in the future. The population may need to be left alone to grow before they hunt it again.

I will be putting together a short recap video, so stay tuned.

Comment

Well, folks, it was fun. I did not see one deer the entire time I was in the park. It was nice to be out and the TPWD always runs a good hunt.

I think they’ll need to consider how they move forward with this hunt in the future. The population may need to be left alone to grow before they hunt it again.

Dang. I hate to hear that you didn’t have any success.

Comment

Well dang. That's pretty rough.

Comment

Dang. Was any the other hunters able harvest anything? Do you know if anyone even saw an exotic?
                                My sons pretty excited about coming in couple weeks. I've warned him that the chances of an exotic are pretty low but low is better than we have now at zero.

Thanks for sharing on here and if ya have any advice or think of something we need to bring please pass along.

Comment

Working...
                                X