Lead shot??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Walker View Post
    Thanks. I'll call them tomorrow. #8 will work on clays and doves. Sucks for quail.
    Maybe on blue quail but I’ve dined on lots of bobwhites shot with #8.

Comment

Originally posted by M16 View Post
      Maybe on blue quail but I’ve dined on lots of bobwhites shot with #8.
      Yep, 7 1/2 and 8 will work on bobs, but blues, you better hit hard, or they will find a rat tunnel or a rabbit hole. Then you ain't recovering them.

Comment

Thanks. I'll call them tomorrow. #8 will work on clays and doves. Sucks for quail.
        I can go by and pick some up from them if you need I’m just down the road.

Comment

Originally posted by BLACKFINTURKEY View Post
          I can go by and pick some up from them if you need I’m just down the road.
          Appreciate the offer. I go by there all the time to pick up my grandkids in Kingsbury. And they are closed til thursday

Comment

Appreciate the offer. I go by there all the time to pick up my grandkids in Kingsbury. And they are closed til thursday
            No problem anytime!

Comment

Well??

What do they have in stock?

Any 572 powder?

Comment

Originally posted by ClayW View Post
                Well??

What do they have in stock?

Any 572 powder?
                Went today and got 2 bags of shot, 20ga AA wads. And 12ga AA wads. They had quite a bit of shot and wads. Said he had shotgun primers in packs of 1000. I never knew that place existed. 5 stand range, skeet rangs, rifle range and I even saw some archery targets. Didn't really look for any other stuff.

Comment

Wish WW still made the WW-540 powder. That was some great stuff in 1-1/18 to 1-1/4oz from AA hulls with a W209 and AA12 wad.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
                    Wish WW still made the WW-540 powder. That was some great stuff in 1-1/18 to 1-1/4oz from AA hulls with a W209 and AA12 wad.
                    I've been shooting International Clay's in both 12 and 20's for years. Shoots good and pretty darn clean.

Comment

Went today and got 2 bags of shot, 20ga AA wads. And 12ga AA wads. They had quite a bit of shot and wads. Said he had shotgun primers in packs of 1000. I never knew that place existed. 5 stand range, skeet rangs, rifle range and I even saw some archery targets. Didn't really look for any other stuff.

Nice

It’s a sweet a little spot!

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
                        Did you know that ww540 is the same powder as Hodgdon HS6?

Comment

Originally posted by M16 View Post
                          Did you know that ww540 is the same powder as Hodgdon HS6?

https://www.hodgdonreloading.com/hodgdon/hodgdon-hs-6
                          Yeah, I've read that. I guess I just naturally resist the thought of WW being bought out. Along with every thing else being consolidated.

The fish are biting and there's hogs to be kill-t. Gotta go!

Comment

But thanks for the thought.

The fish are biting and there's hogs to be kill-t. Gotta go!

Comment

Ballistic Products is running a sale on shipping for shot. Up to 50# for $19.99. Still too expensive for me but maybe it works for you. May need to take out a second mortgage to buy fuel to go to Trainer Hale.

Comment

Originally posted by kmitchl View Post
                                Ballistic Products is running a sale on shipping for shot. Up to 50# for $19.99. Still too expensive for me but maybe it works for you. May need to take out a second mortgage to buy fuel to go to Trainer Hale.
                                I think the shot was around $56 at Trainer Hale.

Comment

Working...
                                X