Elk Trailer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
    We're good.....load tested it and shouldn't be an issue. Prolly a little over sprung
    Nice. Looks great so far.

Comment

This is looking great! You need to hook up another trailer behind that one just to carry John's big ar#$ coffin-sized yeti.

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
        This is looking great! You need to hook up another trailer behind that one just to carry John's big ar#$ coffin-sized yeti.
        We sold the Mega-Yeti.....had to have a tractor to unload it empty!

A 210qt and a couple 110qts will be permanent fixtures in this trailer

Comment

We still have the coffin size 210 qt but once its full of ice it isn't moving anywhere.

Comment

Got the leds lights& plate installed. Had to take her for a spin.....pulls great unloaded, I was a little worried about having to much spring, but it pulls down the bumpy roads just as you'd expect.

Now need to install the bulldog hitch, new fold-up jack and a little paint, then we'll address the tongue basket, interior lighting and the X-track cargo system.

The trailer height worked out exactly as we were hoping. Hopefully the wind drag will be minimal. We're going to experiment with some vortex generators also.
            Click image for larger version

Name:	20220629_195656.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	322.0 KB
ID:	24686803

Name:	20220629_195717.jpg
Size:	340.2 KB
ID:	24686804

Name:	20220629_195957.jpg
Size:	277.0 KB
ID:	24686805
            Last edited by Traildust; 06-30-2022, 08:33 AM.

Comment

That's sweet. Where y'all hunting this year?

Comment

That's sweet. Where y'all hunting this year?
                Colorado!

Comment

Is there any concern with it being tippy? Im sure when its loaded down that won’t be an issue, but figured I would ask.

At any route, it looks dang nice! Good job so far

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by BURTONboy View Post
                    Is there any concern with it being tippy? Im sure when its loaded down that won’t be an issue, but figured I would ask.

At any route, it looks dang nice! Good job so far

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                    Naa, don't really see that as an issue. It's footprint is almost as wide as my truck and most of the load will be down on the floor and in the center of the trailer.

Comment

Originally posted by BURTONboy View Post
                      Is there any concern with it being tippy?
                      There's a much bigger concern of "tipsy" than tippy with these two.

Comment

There's a much bigger concern of "tipsy" than tippy with these two.
                        We've got that covered!

Comment

Solar panels on top? Trailer rig is looking good. A good test is to pack a cooler with a twelver of glass adult suds and limited ice, tie down cooler in center of trailer and hit some rough roads. Give you an idea of the bouncing breaking point of items in your trailer. I did it with mine and I was only able to break two.

Comment

Originally posted by Parramore View Post
                            Solar panels on top? Trailer rig is looking good. A good test is to pack a cooler with a twelver of glass adult suds and limited ice, tie down cooler in center of trailer and hit some rough roads. Give you an idea of the bouncing breaking point of items in your trailer. I did it with mine and I was only able to break two.
                            Great idea! I'll use one of Johns coolers for that test.

I'm not sure what John's plan is for the solar/electrical set up.....maybe he can chime in.

Comment

For the record, I used a twelver of High Life, as its basically disposable barely potable yellow water.

Comment

"Wind drag" for a 5' wide, 5' tall trailer??? You dodge guys...maybe fold your tough guy mirrors out!

Comment

Working...
                                X