Official 2021-2022 LAKE WHITNEY & AQUILLA Hunting & Fishing Tea

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congrats on the stripers RoadScholar.

I hope to get out Saturday, if I get everything together. As the wind is looking favorable that day. Sunday, not so much.

Comment

Thanks TG, it sure was fun.

Did pretty good wading the Nolan yesterday. That last rain brought the flow at Blum up to about 180 cfs.
      Went down fast though, yesterday morning it was at 28 cfs. Caught around 35 sand bass, brought home 19. Gonna fry up some of those for dinner tonight

I'm hoping to get the boat out Saturday too. First half of the day looks like it might be tolerable wind-wise.

Comment

Walked some new area today in one of the Aquilla units- only turkey I saw was in the mirror early this morning, none heard, did see numerous deer, some stands and cameras.

Comment

Happy Easter to all.

Comment

Anyone know who owns the over grown camping spots near the Old School boat ramp on lake A? I’d love to rent one for the season.

Comment

Anyone been fishing? I got to go one time this spring.

Comment

W lake is 2.42 feet below normal.

A lake is 2.41 feet below normal.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
                  Anyone been fishing? I got to go one time this spring.
                  I haven't been in a couple of weeks because I've been out of state for work. But I fished on April 14 and really got into the stripers surface-schooling. Had my 5 keepers in no time, and ended up catching 31 total. (one was a big sand bass) No big ones, but no small ones either. Pretty much all 19 to 21 inches.
                  Really great day. Whitney creek/Towash creek area.

I'm back home now and planning to get out a day or two this week, if the wind is tolerable.

Comment

Grandbury releasing 460cfs, at the moment.

Comment

Grandbury is releasing 900cfs at the moment. Upper Whitney might get a little rise, they keep that up.

Comment

Grandbury releasing 459 cfs at the moment.

W lake is 2.30 feet below normal.

A lake is 2.14 feet below normal.

Comment

Anyone know the story on Kimble Bend bridge? Looks like they’re going to keep it a one lane bridge permanently?

Comment

I heard they have been do enviormental studys on construction impact down stream from the bridge. So that when the new bridge is built on the south side of the old bridge, they will have something to measure against.

The fish are biting, and there's hogs to be kill-t. Gotta go!

Comment

Core sedimentary samples are being taken in various units down stream.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
                                I heard they have been do enviormental studys on construction impact down stream from the bridge. So that when the new bridge is built on the south side of the old bridge, they will have something to measure against.

No telling how many years they will take to build a new bridge. Thanks Mike!

Comment

Working...
                                X