No announcement yet.

Official 2021-2022 LAKE WHITNEY & AQUILLA Hunting & Fishing Tea

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks like Grandbury has been releasing water since Friday afternoon. Shows to be releasing now. But talked with someone who lives on the river below the dam. And they said it wasn't flowing right now. Maybe the data servers took the weekend off?

And I'm free again. Got Doctor's release Friday afternoon! Back to work tomorrow.

Comment

Whitney dam is sill releasing water at 275 cfs. Good time to take a rod with a pop-n cork and jig to go catch some sandies or striper off the catwalk on the office side.

Comment

Anybody need-n minnows, I have two doz in the refridge for free. They will be good for about a week to 10 days in there. My bait tank is empty at the present, or I'd put them in there.

Comment

If you have 2 doz. Does that mean you didn't catch any fish?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

I bought 4 doz. And only opened one bag.

Didn't catch as many fish on minners as I did jigs yesterday. But had them just in case. Went a couple times last year. And all they wanted was minners. They wouldn't touch a jig hardly. Caught one fish on a jig per 20 on minners. Having left over minners is why I started a bait tank. Had goldfish in it up till Dec, from last April. They were small ones to start. They got as big as my hand by Dec.

Comment

And the best to ya out there today, Justin.

Comment

I came back home at 11. I was banking it at clebrune. Caught 4 crappie and a sandbass. I aswell used jigs and minnows. Both worked.

Comment

Justin, can I get my yak put in at cleburne?

Comment

You can at the ramp by the park off 67. Don't know how far you can go toward the main lake but the creek/ river has a little water

Comment

Are there any turkey's on Lake Aquila?

Sent from my motorola edge 5G UW (2021) using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by HR3 View Post
                        Are there any turkey's on Lake Aquila?

There are, not as plentiful as they once were but enough that if you sit plenty and look for sign you can be successful

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by erikm1981 View Post
                          There are, not as plentiful as they once were but enough that if you sit plenty and look for sign you can be successful

Thanks, I've been deer hunting down there and I've never seen or heard one so I was just curious

Comment

Originally posted by erikm1981 View Post

I'm planning on hitting A3 at some point.... We'll see how it goes

Comment

If I can get my taxes done by Friday, I might go try to wet a hook again sometime this weekend. [emoji846]

The fish are biting, and there's hogs to be kill-t. Gotta go!

Comment

The striper were biting on the lake yesterday. As usual with stripers, overcast skies helped. I was trolling in the state park/Whitney Creek/Towash Creek area. Caught 9 total, smallest was 20" and the biggest was 26".
                                Had two rods out- one with a 5" white curly-tail grub on a 5/8 oz head. The other was a 5" chartreuse sassy shad on a 1 oz head.
                                8 of the 9 fish were caught on the white curly-tail, which is kinda surprising. I've done well with the chartreuse sassy shad before.
                                Might've had something to do with the depth. The 5/8 oz jig was running at a depth of about 10' or so. The 1 oz jig was between 15' and 20', depending on speed.

Was good to get into some nice fish. I was out on Saturday, same area, and only caught 1.
                                Can't wait for the shad spawn.

Comment

Working...
                                X