No announcement yet.

Spartan GoCam or Browning Defender

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I’ve got the ATR 4G and also Ghost cam. I haven’t had any issues with either and I ran them year round

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by peterp63 View Post
      This sounds like a great deal since we have a few Verizon phones already. So, you just buy the cameras and you can activate them on your own by logging into your verizon account and punching in the SIM card info? If so, I might be sold on these!

Last question, is the GoLive worth the extra $$?
      It really depends what you want out of it. I personally will probably not spend the extra on anymore GoLive cams. There are some benefits over the Ghost, but not really enough to justify the added cost for MY uses. I will say, everyone should have at least one GoLive. I have mirrored my phone to the big screen in the living room lots of times and watched the live feed from the cam on the big screen. Is it necessary? No. Is it fun and entertaining? Yes

Comment

I love my Spartan LTE's. I don't have a need for a Spartan LIVE.

With that being said, Trailcampro has the Brownining highly rated so they are very intriguing. But I will not switch as have 10 Spartans

Comment

Interesting. That’s good info. I wonder if they’ve improved since your “older models”. Sounds like they are on the cutting edge... might wait to see if the GoLive has any technical issues. Right now they’re showing to be on pre-order.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          In summer I turn my cameras off at 11:00 am and back on around 5:00 pm so I won’t waste data, nothing going to feeders during middle of day anyhow. Extreme heat makes them sensitive. Easy to do on the app.

Comment

Originally posted by RMW View Post
            In summer I turn my cameras off at 11:00 am and back on around 5:00 pm so I won’t waste data, nothing going to feeders during middle of day anyhow. Extreme heat makes them sensitive. Easy to do on the app.
            For me it’s really location sensitive. I had a water trough setup that false triggered like crazy during summer afternoons. I tried several different cameras there and they’d all do it. Put those cameras in other locations and no falsies. Drove me nuts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Spartan GoCam or Browning Defender

I did forget one cool new feature on the Live cams if you use cameras on food plots or just more open fields. There are 4 start-stop timers now instead of two. So you can turn on time lapse at both dusk and dawn to be able to monitor the whole field at prime time while still being able to have different trigger delays for the rest of day and night time if you want.

Comment

tag

Comment

I’ve been using “Spartan” cellular cameras when they were just HCO, and their cameras have treated me great. I run all my cameras through ATT buy a session and only pay $78 and change for a years service.

I would like to try a Browning cellular at some point, because Strike Force cameras are great.

Comment

Well, it looks like Browning's Defender line is coming out with a new model for 2021 - the Ridgeline. It's cheaper at only $219.99 and it looks like it have slightly better features than the Defender, but lacks the 2" color viewing screen.

Comment

Spartans are great. Have 3 Gocams and getting Go live next

Comment

Well, I purchased the GoLive. It’s actually been a couple of weeks so hopefully it shows up soon as it was on back order. Since I have a Verizon account already I’ll just pay the activation fee and then $5 per month for virtually unlimited data and then the $3 per month for the Spartan App. Will keep y’all posted.

Thanks for all of the advice.

Comment

Well, I purchased the GoLive. It’s actually been a couple of weeks so hopefully it shows up soon as it was on back order. Since I have a Verizon account already I’ll just pay the activation fee and then $5 per month for virtually unlimited data and then the $3 per month for the Spartan App. Will keep y’all posted.

Thanks for all of the advice.
                          Website says “pre-order ships spring of 2021.” I had an email from sales late last week and in the signature notes it said “GoLive Verizon is sold out. ETA earlier March. Take preorders only. ” Hopefully you get one pretty quick.

Comment

Another vote for Spartan, been running one for a while now with zero issues. Hope I'm not jinxing myself. Soon to add a second.

Comment

Working...
                            X