Simmons Mako?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Simmons Mako?

Anyone shoot these and have any feedback on them? I really like the design and I'm shooting Iron Wills already but looking for a lower cost backup option with a similar design and performance.

Don’t think you can go wrong with them or Magnus black hornet

Comment

I shot the Mako 100 last year and again this year. I bought some before last year season just because of the shape where they taper wider close at the widest part. I shot an elk with one last year. I thought Simmons was supposed to come out with a 125 grain but did not see it, yet.

Comment

I'd buy and shoot them if they were 125 grain!

Comment

Don’t hesitate on the 125 grain Landsharks. I think you will find the 1-3/16” cut to be more than adequate. The Landshark without the bleeders is slightly more efficient and has a better ferrule imo. I’ve shot the Tigersharks for seven years now and can’t see myself ever shooting anything different. Their unique profile makes an insane cut, the best I’ve ever seen for a fixed blade COC head. I don’t use them on my heavier setup, that gets the 225 Helix but on most days the Simmons are in the quiver. I’m very partial to them, they have been with me on all my biggest hunts, and taken some of my most prized trophies. I’m usually not a brand loyal guy but I”ll recommend them to anybody based on my personal experience with them.

[emoji1662]

Comment

My first pack got lost in the mail so I ended up having to order another which I just got in but haven’t tried them yet. They are very sharp and look to be very well made. A solid version in 125 grains would be awesome imo. Honestly after seeing them I’m surprised these are not more popular. My initial impression is that i like them better than any of the other reasonably priced coc fixed blades on the market. Sharpening the concave blades probably scares some people away but i bought one of the Stay Sharp guides for that so it shouldnt be a problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Here’s a couple of pics showing the Makos side by side w Black Hornets and Iron Will Standard and Wide vented. Bleeder pic top to bottom is Mako, Black Hornet and Iron Will. Mako has the biggest bleeder and I like the angle of the bleeders better than the Black Hornet. Main blades are .05” thickness which is thinner than either the BH or IW. The Mako ferrule is aluminum and not as beefy as the BH(this is a 125 grain BH so not sure how the 100 grain BH compares) while the IW ferrules are steel.

Comment

Originally posted by Phorizt View Post
                My first pack got lost in the mail so I ended up having to order another which I just got in but haven’t tried them yet. They are very sharp and look to be very well made. A solid version in 125 grains would be awesome imo. Honestly after seeing them I’m surprised these are not more popular. My initial impression is that i like them better than any of the other reasonably priced coc fixed blades on the market. Sharpening the concave blades probably scares some people away but i bought one of the Stay Sharp guides for that so it shouldnt be a problem.

You lost me at stay sharp, Ron is a thief and poacher, do some research. I personally won’t give the guy any of my money.

Comment

Working...
                X