AR15 Drop In Trigger

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AR15 Drop In Trigger

Thoughts from the Green Screen. Building an AR Pistol. Want a Drop In Trigger. I have dropped Timney's in my AR's and Remington 700's in the past.

What say ye on great trigger at a great price?

I have a few CMC triggers and I am very happy with them. Also, made in Texas.

Comment

Cmc's not bad.

Comment

I use CMC triggers in mine they are nice and crisp.

Comment

Originally posted by kcmarullo View Post
          Same.

Comment

I've got a Geiselle G2S. It's pretty good for the price.

Comment

I went with a Larue, love it

Comment

Ive been happy with my rise armament trigger

Comment

I have had two Giessele High Speed National Match with Wolf springs, that I adjusted to my likings, I really like those a lot, even being two stage. Then I have one Hiper Fire that I put the light springs in, I did not think I was going to like that trigger as much as I do, it's not a bad trigger at all, definitely a coupe steps up from a MIL spec trigger. I have not shot an AR with a MIL spec trigger in 15 to 18 years. If I shot an AR with a common MIL spec trigger, I sure I would not like them at all. I let one of my nephews shoot my 458, with the Hiperfire trigger, he has two or three AR15s and a AR10. He touched the Hiperfire trigger and it went of way before he was expecting it to. Then the recoil of the 458 really got his attention. After seeing him shoot my AR with what I could consider the closest to a MIL spec trigger I have in a gun. I am sure I would really hate to shoot a gun with a MIL spec trigger again. I hate long heavy triggers.

I have been wanting to try a couple different brands of drop ins. A buddy has an Elf that is pretty dang nice, I got to shoot his gun years ago, I was pretty impressed. For years I have been trying to find a particular CMC trigger, I have searched in the past, found CMC triggers, but was not sure if what I found was the same trigger I tried years ago. I recently found that CMC trigger I have been looking for, for years. So I bought one, put it in my latest AR, I really like it a lot. It's a single stage 2 1/2 lb. pull, flat trigger. This will be the trigger I put in the rest of my ARs, might even replace my HiperFire, with one, there is a chance I might even replace my Giessele triggers with this trigger. I won't be able to get much money for a used trigger even a very good quality used trigger, so I will probably keep the Giesseles because of that reason. Had I found the CMC trigger I how have, before buying the Giessele triggers, I probably would have bought the CMC trigger. I would say the Giessele triggers are the best of the non drop in, two stage triggers available, then model I chose is probably the best choice for me.
                  With the Giessele I replaced the springs with lighter Wolf springs, then installed the triggers, then spent an hour or two adjusting the triggers, till I got them adjusted the way I liked them. The first stage is short, then the second stage is very short, with close to zero over travel. It has been years since I put a trigger pull gauge on either Giessele, but I think it takes about 2 lbs. to get them to break, with the Wolf springs I installed.
                  I am very impressed with them. But the CMC, was just drop it in, install the anti walk pins, then lube it and I was done. It's a pretty amazing trigger, then it's a single stage, that's not a 5 lb. pull or 4.5 lb. pull trigger. It's a very short, light, crisp trigger. I have probably $100 more per trigger in my Giessele triggers, than the CMC trigger. Definitely if someone is not very experienced at adjusting triggers, the CMC is by far the better option, even if you are great at adjusting triggers, the CMC is likely a better option. But I have to admit, after shooting ARs for many years, I have gotten to like or expect a two stage trigger in an AR. If you are used to a typical two stage AR trigger, you will squeeze off rounds before you expect the gun to go off, with the 2.5 lb. CMC. CMC does make the same trigger in 3.5 lb., 4.5 lb., 5.5 lb. and 6.6 lb.

Comment

Originally posted by kcmarullo View Post
                    I have a CMC Flat 2.5lb and I like it alot.

Comment

LaRue MBT

Comment

Cheap, but decent: Larue
                        Best: Triggertech or Geissele

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I have 2 Giessele triggers and 1 La Rue. I like them both. A friend has CMC triggers in his AR's and it has a pretty good feel also. I think there are a lot of good triggers out there now days. It used to be hard to get a good trigger at a descent price. Try some different trigger & see what you like best. I think the La Rue is hard to beat for the price. I do like the Giessele better but they are pricey compared to some of the other choices mentioned.

Comment

I have several different brands. For the money CMC is very nice. Should be some Black Friday sales.

Comment

CMC’s are nice. I’d say fork over a few more bucks and get a geisselle. I recently installed a geisselle 2 stage trigger in my 300blk and I love it. I’ll be buying another soon for my 5.56.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X