2021 Salty H20 Fishing Thread Part II

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by justletmein View Post
    Historically that's not terribly hard to do. lol... Out here the best rigs are big old Carolina Skiff tubs or a stripped tri-toon though.
    What island are y'alls camps on? Sounds cool.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Flex View Post
      What island are y'alls camps on? Sounds cool.

Big island out of POC, they call it Matagorda Peninsula. We're maybe 3/4 mile East of the big jetty. I sit here working on my laptop and watch the SCB's fly by all day between POC and Green's. They go one way, 20 mins later they come back. lol... Yesterday at 5pm was awesome, parade of dozens of big rigs headed out the jetty for the Lonestar Shootout tournament. The waves **** near beached my boat on the shoreline.
      Last edited by justletmein; 07-23-2021, 02:35 PM.

Comment

Big island out of POC, they call it Matagorda Peninsula. We're maybe 3/4 mile East of the big jetty. I sit here working on my laptop and watch the SCB's fly by all day between POC and Green's. They go one way, 20 mins later they come back. lol... Yesterday at 5pm was awesome, parade of dozens of big rigs headed out the jetty for the Lonestar Shootout tournament. The waves **** near beached my boat on the shoreline.
        Man! That is awesome. Sounds like paradise.

Hopefully sooner than later. My goal is to get me and the kids back to the coast. Whether its LA or TX. I've lived inland too long! Hopefully i can work it out one day!

Comment

Kind of a failed attempt, turns out we didn't pack the kerrygold butter so we had to spray it then loaded up with Bolners BBQ crab seasoning.
          BBQ crabs are actually deep fried. Confusing, I know.

Comment

Originally posted by Capt Glenn View Post
            BBQ crabs are actually deep fried. Confusing, I know.
            Lol oops. It turned out good but we overcooked it, next time gotta take it off sooner.

Comment

Hit the rigs last Sunday out of SPI. Nephew nailed a huge one. Tax man got paid, caught a turtle and we ate well that night.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by JeffJ View Post
                Hit the rigs last Sunday out of SPI. Nephew nailed a huge one. Tax man got paid, caught a turtle and we ate well that night.

Nice fish! How far out were those rigs you were fishing? I have never fished out of South Padre but going in a couple weeks. I plan on running offshore one of those days and just curious what type of structure is out there within 20 miles.

Comment

Originally posted by SeaSpray View Post
                  Nice fish! How far out were those rigs you were fishing? I have never fished out of South Padre but going in a couple weeks. I plan on running offshore one of those days and just curious what type of structure is out there within 20 miles.
                  About 15 miles.

Comment

Anyone hit the surf this morning? It looks dang good! Supposed to stay flat today and tomorrow.

Comment

Man that looks good!

Comment

Snuck out for awhile yesterday evening and again this morning. Caught a few of these on my lures. It was good to get out there. They were chasing small shrimp tight to the grass.
                        Attached Files

Comment

I took my daughter to Sargent this morning to try to catch a shark. We succeeded. Water was flat and pretty dirty although the clean water did make its way in later in the morning. We caught several small sharks, 2 bull reds and all the gafftop you wanted. Throwing the cast net for mullet and was catching tons of shrimp, 20-30 every cast. Never did see any birds working or any fish signs, but with how thick the shrimp is there has got to be some fish somewhere.

Comment

Do the shrimp have any size to em. The ones I saw in Cedar Lakes were very small.

Comment

You all be careful in the bay now with vibrio vulnificus. A longtime lower Laguna Madre fishing guide out of SP the other day cut his foot on an oyster in South Bay and the next day had to be hospitalized and half his leg amputated. He's still in hospital in serious condition.

Sent from my moto g power (2021) using Tapatalk

Comment

Put me in coach..

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X