SeaDek vs. AquaTraction vs. SafeFloor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SeaDek vs. AquaTraction vs. SafeFloor

Tell me about your experiences with SeaDek, AquaTraction or SafeFloor.

Getting a pretty dark deck on the new boat so definitely want to install something aftermarket.

I've heard SeaDek looks great, cuts down the heat and has a nice feel to it; but comes up on the edges, stains easily and can be cut with a pressure washer.

I've heard SafeFloor is a lot more durable and easy to clean; but doesn't look as good and won't cut heat down as much.

Haven't heard much on AquaTraction but have seen some pictures on boats and it looks to be pretty similar to SeaDek.

worth every penny spent!

Comment

i have safe floor on my majek RFL. it was a great addition to the boat.. floor will never be slippery from fish slime again. it will also make your boat more "solid" and quieter in rough water. if you want heat reduction, just stay with a lighter color. i have been able to wash with pressure washer without problem, just dont put stream right up on it close and its fine- pretty durable.

Comment

I did part of my last boat with seadek and would not hesitate to use it again. Very easy to install, did it myself. I had 0 issues with it peeling up.
        I pressure washed it every time I washed the boat and had no issues. Just use common sense and don’t put 3000psi 1” away
        Cut down on the heat and added a little cushion and was not slippery at all

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Kinda depends how hard you are on it, but our SeaDek has held up really well and I don’t know that I will have another boat without it.

Comment

I've heard Safe Floor is more durable than Sea Dek

Comment

Had full Seadek on several flats boats. Really loved it. Quiet and easy on your feet. Only problem I ever had was a dealer leaving it out for 3 weeks in the August sun. Peeled up a few corners. Never had a problem other than that.

Comment

I've had fantastic luck with my hydro-turf floor. Might be another option to consider for you.

Comment

I had some seadek on a poling skiff. It stained and was difficult to clean. I've seen a good many boats with it where it is peeling up around the edges. And if you do mess it up the only way to fix it is to peel it up and replace it. But it is cushy soft and you can get all sorts of patterns.

I much prefer Safe Floor. It's a whole lot more durable and it can be repaired. You can bleach it and pressure wash it however close you want. It really doesn't get that hot the vast majority of the time. On the hottest days of summer you can dump a bucket of water on it and it'll hold enough water to stay cool. I only usually have a couple days a summer like that. The different stick on foam flooring is kinda trendy right now but it isn't even close in durability IMO.

Comment

I had the webbing done, Mainly because they couldn’t go up the sides with the sea deck. Wanted to take all the glare out that I could.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by breeds13 View Post
                      Getting a pretty dark deck on the new boat so definitely want to install something aftermarket.
                      You probably know this but dark colored decks are not only hot, they show scuffs and scrapes bad. A buddy of mine did charcoal grey decks and everywhere they drug coolers and stuff showed every scratch and scuff in the gel coat.

Comment

Originally posted by Capt Glenn View Post
                        You probably know this but dark colored decks are not only hot, they show scuffs and scrapes bad. A buddy of mine did charcoal grey decks and everywhere they drug coolers and stuff showed every scratch and scuff in the gel coat.

This.

I went with the brown deck thinking it wouldn’t show dirt as bad as the light grey whitish deck and boy was I wrong. I hate it.

And to answer the question Safe floor all the way. I did hydro turf in a boat and it was ok, but not near as durable as safe floor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Hoytbowhunter View Post
                          I had the webbing done, Mainly because they couldn’t go up the sides with the sea deck. Wanted to take all the glare out that I could.

Comment

His boat will have that as the base. That is how almost all Haynies are finished. The flooring will go over that and you'll still see the splattered 'webbing' on the sides.

Comment

Working...
                            X