2021 Salty H20 Fishing Thread Part II

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by justletmein View Post
    Moonrise coming up in a few hours, be sure you're fishing just before it.
    Can you elaborate on that? I'm not familiar with fishing the moonrise. Inshore I always just watched tide and pressure.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Flex View Post
      Can you elaborate on that? I'm not familiar with fishing the moonrise. Inshore I always just watched tide and pressure.
      I don't post fish pics here much, but I fish the surf often and I always catch fish around the moonrise, whether it's trout or soaking shark baits. Supposed to be good fishing around moonset as well but that's not something I've proven through personal experience. I do live by the moonrise rule though.

Comment

I don't post fish pics here much, but I fish the surf often and I always catch fish around the moonrise, whether it's trout or soaking shark baits. Supposed to be good fishing around moonset as well but that's not something I've proven through personal experience. I do live by the moonrise rule though.
        When the moon is on either horizon, directly overhead or directly under foot the fish will eat. Maybe a little, maybe a lot.

Comment

Are you familiar with majors and minors? That is basically what this is referring to. There are times every day when fish feed based on the location of the moon.

Comment

Gotcha. Thanks.

We're still at it. Caught some weird fish in my cast net in the surf. And a sheepshead. Nothing else so far.

Have a big cut croaker out on my shark rod and a mullet on my medium pole. About to wade back to third and try and cast for trout again.

Comment

Sheep and mystery fish.

Comment

Mystery fish is a Spadefish. Also, try fishing the nearer cuts. First and second cut can hold a lot of fish. I always find it funny that when we are fishing the surf from a boat, we’re trying to get close to shore, but when people are fishing from the beach, they’re trying to get as far out as possible. Don’t ignore the closer cuts. Look for bait and fish in the middle of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by CentralTXHunter View Post
                  Mystery fish is a Spadefish. Also, try fishing the nearer cuts. First and second cut can hold a lot of fish. I always find it funny that when we are fishing the surf from a boat, we’re trying to get close to shore, but when people are fishing from the beach, they’re trying to get as far out as possible. Don’t ignore the closer cuts. Look for bait and fish in the middle of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  I have come to a similar conclusion about rocks/jetties as well..

Comment

Gotcha. Thanks.

We're still at it. Caught some weird fish in my cast net in the surf. And a sheepshead. Nothing else so far.

Have a big cut croaker out on my shark rod and a mullet on my medium pole. About to wade back to third and try and cast for trout again.

Should be some kind of a bite pop up here in the next hour or so. Tide should turn around 7:30ish. Put a 1/4 jig head on a DSL and fish it like a plastic worm, almost dragging it. Just kick it up a little off the bottom.

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
                      Should be some kind of a bite pop up here in the next hour or so. Tide should turn around 7:30ish. Put a 1/4 jig head on a DSL and fish it like a plastic worm, almost dragging it. Just kick it up a little off the bottom.
                      That's the plan! Will keep y'all posted. Just netted a few dozen crabs all over near the bank. At least we are eating tonight!

Comment

Not much bait in the surf. The rocks right off the first sandbar are where the spade fish came from. I'm sure theres fish there. But with no live bait not sure how to fish that. About to wade back out and start jigging DSL again.

Comment

Oh man, why are you messing around with slimey fish when you got the real food in a bucket ready to go!
                          edit: Might want to get them out of the water so they don't suffocate, leave them dry and shaded. Not sure if that's how they're being kept or just for the pic but throwing it out there.

Comment

Oh man, why are you messing around with slimey fish when you got the real food in a bucket ready to go!
                            edit: Might want to get them out of the water so they don't suffocate, leave them dry and shaded. Not sure if that's how they're being kept or just for the pic but throwing it out there.
                            Yep. Drained ice chest and got them covered. Gonna be a good boil.

Comment

Yep. Drained ice chest and got them covered. Gonna be a good boil.
                              Hell yeah buddy, that gets me way more excited than catching fish. LOL

Comment

Hell yeah buddy, that gets me way more excited than catching fish. LOL
                                Haha. Yeah kids love it. Been a crazy couple years. Used to take them back home to LA and fill a few ice chests real quick running crab lines a few times every summer. Haven't gotten to do it in a while though.

Comment

Working...
                                X