No announcement yet.

243 - 95 gr sst bullet performance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have never had a deer or coyote run with them. I don't waste them on pigs, but I bet it would do damage just as good.

Comment

I have used the sst in managed recoil rounds in all three of my kids guns. They have a small entrance, and no exit, and the critter is drt.

Comment

Originally posted by BigJimmyRustler View Post
        I've used the 95gr SST in .243 to kill a few deer and most ran a little bit (30-50 yards) and didn't bleed much at all but were still very dead.
        Coyotes wont know what hit them lol.
        This matched my experience.

Comment

Originally posted by Brute Killer View Post
          I have used the sst in managed recoil rounds in all three of my kids guns. They have a small entrance, and no exit, and the critter is drt.
          Originally posted by skelsey View Post
          Blood trails sucks
          This has been my experience using managed recoil in 7-08 with the exception of drt. All deer shot have ran off but not far. No blood trail but a ton of internal damage. They are deadly!

Comment

All I use. Deadly

Comment

Originally posted by Brute Killer View Post
              This has been my experience. All the animals I have made a good shot on did not go far but there is no blood trail which can really suck if you hunt in thick country.

Comment

I love the SST Superformance. Use them in my 308. But for the 243, i use the 75gr Superformance Vmax and dropped tons of coyotes and pigs. The heavier SST 95gr will do better on pigs.

Comment

I have a couple of boxes for my daughter's BLR in .243. Since she doesn't hunt anymore I might have to try them out myself.

Comment

Originally posted by bigmike View Post
                    I use 40.5 gr
                    Not a top end load but does just fine out of 3 different rifles
                    I’m gonna give this load a try.

Comment

Originally posted by bigmike View Post
                      I use 40.5 gr
                      Not a top end load but does just fine out of 3 different rifles
                      I have tried some of the lighter gr ammo (I think it was 55 gr) but my gun does not like them as much as the 100 gr. I assume it was due to the twist rate of the barrel.

Comment

I wasn't real impressed with them in my rifle personally. I've had the best luck hands down with 100gr soft points.

Comment

Working...
                        X