The 2021 Thermal and Night Vision Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Russ81 View Post
    Picked up a new pew pew for the war on hogs. Lot lighter then my AR10 but still got some knock down with a 7.62x39 barrel

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    I'm thinking of making the same switch....

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Comment

Holy giant photos Russman!

Not sure what they look like on tapatalk but on my laptop they stretch to the other side of the county.LOL

Great looking rifle from what I can tell!

Comment

Originally posted by Outdoor Legacy View Post
        Holy giant photos Russman!

Not sure what they look like on tapatalk but on my laptop they stretch to the other side of the county.LOL

Great looking rifle from what I can tell!

Lol oops, it looks normal on the tapa, let’s try again

Medium:

Small:

Comment

holy crap , i'm done with hog hunting for now .. switching to mosquito swatting for a while.. shot one this weekend after dark, and i think i lost more blood than the hog ..
          ended up putting a mesh jacket on and still got bit through that .. 25% deet off , slowed them down a bit but still got bit a little ... now i know how godzilla felt on top of that building...

i would totally assume hogs can smell bug spray for miles ... it's potent stuff.
          ended up firing up the thermacell once i found it and it had a little gas left ...

well at least the pond is full!

Comment

Originally posted by imyomama View Post
            holy crap , i'm done with hog hunting for now .. switching to mosquito swatting for a while.. shot one this weekend after dark, and i think i lost more blood than the hog ..
            ended up putting a mesh jacket on and still got bit through that .. 25% deet off , slowed them down a bit but still got bit a little ... now i know how godzilla felt on top of that building...

i would totally assume hogs can smell bug spray for miles ... it's potent stuff.
            ended up firing up the thermacell once i found it and it had a little gas left ...

As long as you play the wind it doesn’t seem to have too much of an effect surprisingly. High DEET Off is pretty much standard gear for us this time of year. Last week we got within 50-60 yds of 6 sounders playing the wind. The only time we’ve been busted we’d have been busted whether we were wearing Off or not.

Comment

Originally posted by imyomama View Post

Shannon bug tamer is the only way to go, I just fold the face net back while stalking but keep my ears covered with the hood. But that fish net material on the inside is the key to no skeeters.

Comment

Hope Jason has some convergent bullets come Friday, I’m pretty sure I could of lured the other two in and got them as well. Buggers came back with a vengeance on my south pasture, probably go down there when I wake up and start stacking blackbrush and McCartney rose before disking the whole thing.

The new 7.62x39 rifle is a keeper, got it sighted in @ 75yds and it’s pretty accurate with 123gr bullets. My color blindness saved me yet again, the one on the right I winged but thought was down hard so went after other two. Giving up on them I was walking back across the pasture and caught movement about 25yds to my right. It was this hip shot bugger trying to slip by (he covered about 250yds). Soon as I got him in the crosshairs I let him have a double tap and then a coup de grace with the .357 sig. Always pack a side arm boys

Any-who, off to the train station!!!

Last edited by Russ81; 06-08-2021, 01:55 AM.

Comment

Shannon bug tamer is the only way to go, I just fold the face net back while stalking but keep my ears covered with the hood. But that fish net material on the inside is the key to no skeeters.

Shannon Bug Tamer for sure! Some of the best money I have ever spent. It works and is not hot.

Comment

Well I’ve been good for awhile now not buying new gear but the hogs are needing a new trick to dupe them.

And now we wait for the fedex truck [emoji16][emoji16][emoji16]

Last edited by Russ81; 06-11-2021, 11:53 AM.

Comment

Well I’ve been good for awhile now not buying new gear but the hogs are needing a new trick to dupe them.

And now we wait for the fedex truck [emoji16][emoji16][emoji16]

I've been trying this for a while now, it works. Just the other day me a couple of buddies set it out at 20 yards. Played sow hysteria for a few minutes. We thought we where hearing an echo because the same sound was coming from our left. A sounder ran out, circled the caller and ran away. We were all standing there with our mouths open and safeties still "on". All at the same time said, "did you see that"!!

Comment

What’s the going rate right now for a lightly use pulsar trail xp50LRF? Under 300 shots.

Comment

Some folks get excited when there’s a Amazon box at the cattle guard, me it’s a Outdoor Legacy Gear box [emoji16]

DO NOT play your favorite Cody Jinks song in a small room with the bullet. Neon signs will burst from the walls, your coffee table becomes a bar and you spend the rest the night sweeping sawdust off the floor! [emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787]

Comment

Like many have have said, when the bullet works it’s laser guided hogs. I need to work on which call sequence works here but this guy heard chow time and came hunting him a new sounder

Comment

Any of y'all played with the AGM micro 160 monocular as a scanner? Looks interesting to pair with a wraith or something of that nature for guys on the cheap. Or in my case used as a spotter to find the heat then confirm with rifle if it is pig deer cow etc. Or for final walk up after initial spot save the battery on the rifle scope for when it is actually needed.

Sent from my E6910 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by westtexducks View Post
                                Any of y'all played with the AGM micro 160 monocular as a scanner? Looks interesting to pair with a wraith or something of that nature for guys on the cheap. Or in my case used as a spotter to find the heat then confirm with rifle if it is pig deer cow etc. Or for final walk up after initial spot save the battery on the rifle scope for when it is actually needed.

Sent from my E6910 using Tapatalk
                                I have the AGM Taipan TM15-384 and it works great. Can easily see and identify deer and hogs to beyond 300 yds. I have spotted deer that were bedded down while driving around out past 200. You have to have the truck window rolled down cause it don't see thru glass
                                One of the neatest things is you can look at feeders from 150yds away and tell how much corn is left in them. I don't see why the mini 160 won't work similar but you won't get as big a picture. Feeder at 150 and 2 doe at 100.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X