X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bowhuntertx View Post
    What tripods are those you are using?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Not sure the tripod on the left. The tripod on the right is a Fiesol 3372 with RRS BH-55 head. I’m running a Leofoto LN-364C with LH-40 head myself.

Personally I won’t run anything with a center column. The guy with the Feisol feels the same. They’re nowhere near as stable although they can be stable enough for most uses. Also I greatly prefer a ball head with arca mount. They’re not as easily swap able to different rifles, but the lockup is fantastic. That BH-55 head is as solid as they come, and makes long shots chip work.
    Last edited by TX03RUBI; 05-18-2021, 02:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by TX03RUBI View Post
      Not sure the tripod on the left. The tripod on the right is a Fiesol 3372 with RRS BH-55 head. I’m running a Leofoto LN-364C with LH-40 head myself.

Personally I won’t run anything with a center column. The guy with the Feisol feels the same. They’re nowhere near as stable although they can be stable enough for most uses. Also I greatly prefer a ball head with arca mount. They’re not as easily swap able to different rifles, but the lockup is fantastic. That BH-55 head is as solid as they come, and makes long shots chip work.
      Right tripod is a one of a kind heavy duty custom rig

Comment

The setup I’m running

Click image for larger version

Name:	9DE325D6-6F9B-4AF0-BDA0-FCBC38B24829.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	80.8 KB
ID:	24652686

Comment

Originally posted by Jethro View Post
          That is a good nights work. For sure they are in the wheat over here. Crossing over into the peanuts too, we are hunting both types of crops. Luckily not getting too much peanut damage so far this year on my son and BIL's places. They rotated fields around and we hit them hard leading up to planting season. Damage on peanuts has not been anything like it was last year. Yet.
          A few years ago my cousin lost his entire peanut allotment in one night. Hogs came across Red River from OK and wiped out all 16 acres of sprouts in a single night. Biggest mess you ever saw. He got some revenge with 12 ga 00 buckshot but not nearly enough. Said there were more than one sounder of 40+ pigs. They had trouble for years in their soybeans too. Hog doggers finally chased them back across the river to OK.

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
            Right tripod is a one of a kind heavy duty custom rig
            It’s definitely had some “field repairs” 😂 That’s not a knock on the tripod. It took a 289 lb boar at full speed. It’s never been the same since, but listening to those little girl screams out of a full grown man made it worth it

Comment

It’s definitely had some “field repairs” 😂 That’s not a knock on the tripod. It took a 289 lb boar at full speed. It’s never been the same since, but listening to those little girl screams out of a full grown man made it worth it
              Can we get Paul Harvey in here to give us the rest of the story?

Comment

Originally posted by BigJimmyRustler View Post
                Can we get Paul Harvey in here to give us the rest of the story?
                We were hunting in tall wheat a couple years ago. Already had a pretty solid night, but had a new guy with us and I lent him my rifle. I stayed back at the truck, and stood on the toolbox so I could get footage (or try anyways) over the wheat. 4 BIG pigs in this sounder. The shooting started when the pigs are on the edge of the wheat, but the two shooters were still in the wheat. Naturally the pigs ran to cover, which was the wheat. This boar had no intentions of charging, as he was just as surprised what he ran into as my buddy was. A full speed hit to the tripod, but luckily the tripod deflected him off my buddy. The other shooter managed to turn and hit the boar several times as he deflected directly behind him. That boar was the second largest pig in the group. Had another sow go over 300, and a couple sows over 260. Unfortunately all I could see were the tops of hogs backs every now and then, and then the shooters. I got to hear the little girl screams though

Comment

Got some new stuff rigged up. Gonna try to put in some work on the long weekend

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Has anyone dealt with Bering Optics CS? Thinking about buying a Super Hogster for my first thermal.

Comment

Originally posted by turtlemanTTU View Post
                      Has anyone dealt with Bering Optics CS? Thinking about buying a Super Hogster for my first thermal.
                      A friend of mine has and they were good to go from what he said. Located in the metroplex area if I remember correctly.
                      That was part of the reason I picked up the Hogster R 35mm.
                      Bering is sold through TNVC/Night Goggles who are the industry leader IMO, and if TNVC sells/backs a product its a pretty solid endorsement.
                      Last edited by BigJimmyRustler; 05-28-2021, 10:34 AM.

Comment

Let’s see if the weather will cooperate tonight!

Comment

Let’s see if the weather will cooperate tonight!
                          Mother Nature is fixing to drag a nut sack across y’all in a few hours haha. That storm looks nasty

Comment

The 2021 Thermal and Night Vision Thread

Vampigra brought a coyote right to us. Pretty versatile sound for hogs and coyotes

Comment

We got on plenty of hogs. Fought the weather a bit, but overall it cooperated pretty well. We shot like absolute dog **** though. 12 hogs on the ground, as we should’ve easily been 30+. Can’t blame anyone but ourselves for last night.

Comment

Picked up a new pew pew for the war on hogs. Lot lighter then my AR10 but still got some knock down with a 7.62x39 barrel

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Working...
                                X