X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You got a twohundy at your feeder?

Comment

Originally posted by Loneaggie View Post
      Also technically illegal per TPWD to scout/photograph wildlife to begin with. So TPWD could actually issue them a ticket.... parking over a feeder during deer season with a drone pretty much is pretty much scouting, but hunter harassment works as well. Other than that its an ugly situation where drones and privacy are concerned. Sadly once you leave a structure, everything over ground level belongs to the FAA.

Common sense goes a longs way, pilot evidently lost his for a while.
      ^^^^^^ this. Contact the local game warden

Comment

Sss

Comment

I’d show it more than it was expecting to see! Then I’d shoot it out the air!

Comment

This happened to me once but with an actual helicopter with a pilot & shooter. It was a Tuesday morning, the weather was perfect, deer were everywhere and about 30 minutes after day this Richard-head flew into my set and hovered over the feeder. I guess he was looking for pigs and didn't expect anyone to be out there early in the week. They found out pretty quick though when I jumped out of my blind and gave em the bird with both hands. Landowner didn't give them permission and eventually the GW figured out who it was and confronted them but no recourse was taken, just a firm "you're not welcome, don't do it again".

Comment

Originally posted by mikemorvan View Post
              So, legally, a drone operator can run the thing wherever he wants and there's no real legal recourse for the person being messed with? More evidence of a jacked up world we live in. Jeez.
              **** the law... I couldn't care less, Id shoot it down without question.

Comment

I'm shoootin that's all !

Comment

[QUOTE=AntlerCollector;14441807]His work quit being legit when he flew over and hovered that feeder.

Shoot it down and start a drone cemetery.

Comment

[quote=SaintBlaise;14443863]
                    Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                    His work quit being legit when he flew over and hovered that feeder.

Shoot it down and start a drone cemetery.
                    this made me lol

Comment

I took a LE drone "pilot" course several years ago that was sponsored by several drone companies. My take away from that 2 day class was that the majority of the drone companies don't give a d*mn about the privacy problems that are resulting from their product.

Drones offer incredible capabilities, but laws need to be written to safeguard landowner and the general public rights. Based on that class, I will say that several jamming options afford excellent countermeasures for invasive drones.

Of course, I also highly recommend that all FAA rules and regulations are followed closely.

Comment

Shotgun next sit, do it man.

Comment

My understanding is the drone owner is going to have the law on his side if someone gets caught shooting it down...I've seen several articles over the years & it never worked out well for the shooter. I'm guessing the fancier ones are recording constantly & got ya on film??

Comment

If you're not shooting from the front then they can't prove ****. It was probably a poacher that shot it down.

Comment

Originally posted by offthemap View Post
                              This happened to me once but with an actual helicopter with a pilot & shooter. It was a Tuesday morning, the weather was perfect, deer were everywhere and about 30 minutes after day this Richard-head flew into my set and hovered over the feeder. I guess he was looking for pigs and didn't expect anyone to be out there early in the week. They found out pretty quick though when I jumped out of my blind and gave em the bird with both hands. Landowner didn't give them permission and eventually the GW figured out who it was and confronted them but no recourse was taken, just a firm "you're not welcome, don't do it again".
                              Back when we had a pool, a military chopper flew over and hovered. We didn't have a problem with it because they started dropping Snickers bars to us.

Comment

Originally posted by Jspradley View Post
                                I'm sure there's recourse for the person being harrassed, operators have pretty strict rules they have to follow but you'd likely end up with fed problems shooting one down unless you can prove some sort of real danger.
                                But then the sUAV PIC would have to explain to the FAA why he was flying BVLOS.

Comment

Working...
                                X