Disappointed by Pappa's Bro's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Disappointed by Pappa's Bro's

Second time we've gone to Pappa's Brothers. Fantastic last time but I'm sorry to say I was disappointed this time.

If they had served me the steak my wife got I would have sent it back. It actually tasted to me like it had begun to spoil. The crab mac'n cheese had a strong fishy taste like it wasn't fresh either. They seated us under an air vent that was blowing at hurricane force and when I suggested we might want to move they said they'd turn it down instead and did but only for a couple minutes.

It wasn't all bad. My steak was very good just not $65 worth of amazing. The pino noir was fantastic. Wish I would have caught the name so could hunt that down.
    We were celebrating our anniversary and they comp'd us a massive slice of cheesecake which was amazing.

That's extremely disappointing. I've always had great food there.

Comment

Ruston Cattle Company in Ennis off of 45 was really good. We usually go to Texas Roadhouse in Mansfield for a "decent" steak and this place had much better quality. Maybe not same ambiance or nice as Pappa's but really good steak and comparable to higher end steakhouses.

Comment

Congrat's to ya'll my wife and I celebrated our anniversary last night at Gus' in Texas City.

Comment

Had this conversation with a guy in the food service industry just this past Sunday. Due to the increase in take out dinning restaurants are seeing their cost go up astronomically. Combine that with the increased wages that are being demanded by employees in this stimulus driven economy, a general lack of qualified candidates to hire, and we have the makings of a disaster. Restaurants are beginning to order lesser quality foods in-order to reduce costs any way they can.

Comment

Congrats............

Comment

Originally posted by Jason View Post
              Had this conversation with a guy in the food service industry just this past Sunday. Due to the increase in take out dinning restaurants are seeing their cost go up astronomically. Combine that with the increased wages that are being demanded by employees in this stimulus driven economy, a general lack of qualified candidates to hire, and we have the makings of a disaster. Restaurants are beginning to order lesser quality foods in-order to reduce costs any way they can.
              Yep...a friend of mine is still ordering his usual top cut of steaks for his restaurant, and is losing roughly $10 per meal on the steak price increase alone. He is trying to hold out and not increase pricing, praying that things get back to normal...I'm afraid he might be wishing for something that isn't gonna happen.

Comment

Congrats on the occasion.

Pappas is the only place I haven’t been let down. Hope that doesn’t change. A recent anniversary dinner that was way overpriced made my wife and I have the same conversation about just going to Pappas Bros instead now and eating out less frequently. Seems the past two months just about every meal out has been disappointing.

Comment

Congrats on anniversary

Comment

Originally posted by kcmarullo View Post
                    Congrat's to ya'll my wife and I celebrated our anniversary last night at Gus' in Texas City.
                    Ribeye sandwich?

Comment

^^^^ Red snapper ponchatrain ^^^^

Comment

Wow, we have never been disappointed there. I am sure if you share this thread with Mr. Chris Pappas and his team it will not be taken lightly. He is quite the gentleman and I consider him a friend of ours. Congratulations on the anniversary![emoji122][emoji122][emoji122]

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Congrats on the anniversary, I do not believe that is the norm for Papas, restaurants are struggling big time right now for a variety of reasons. Let them know, I am sure the owner would want to know.

Comment

Anybody ever tried putting some Worcestershire sauce on a piece of bologna and put it in the microwave for about 30 seconds...

Comment

Originally posted by Landrover View Post
                              Wow, we have never been disappointed there. I am sure if you share this thread with Mr. Chris Pappas and his team it will not be taken lightly. He is quite the gentleman and I consider him a friend of ours. Congratulations on the anniversary![emoji122][emoji122][emoji122]

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
                              My wife is the type to never rock the boat so I kept my mouth shut for her sake.

Comment

Working...
                              X