Anyone else like ALDI grocery stores?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like them.

No issues other than you have to be prepared at times to go to a second store if you are looking for something particular as there is some chance it may not be at Aldi.

Comment

I think they take credit cards now.
      You can save a lot on the basics, then finish shopping at your favorite grocery store.

Comment

Went in one years ago…..Never Darkened their door since

Comment

More of a snack store. Sometimes fresh fruit is good. Canned goods and cereals good. Meat selections poor.

Comment

Originally posted by JES View Post
            This is how it was in Norway, like mentioned, no carts in the parking lot. They also charged you for the bags you got, most people had reusable bags.
            Italy, Spain and Switzerland also. I have never been in one but have two nearby. My wife buys all fruit from them.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

They do have good prices, but have limited inventory. Produce seems to go bad quicker in my experience. I don't run in for a few things, you never know if they will have what u need. Can't go full on gro shopping w/o going to a second store. Just not for me

Comment

I used to frequent one that was only a few blocks from my house. I agree with most of the comments. Decent store for single people or small families or for the budget conscience folks. Selection is not huge and some items can be hit or miss at times. So, avoiding the regular grocery store all together can be tough, which is the reason for my previous comment.

I still have an Aldi location about 10 miles away, which I almost never go to. I don't really miss it and frequented the other one primarily out of convenience. They do run decent sales from time to time, but again, not worth going that far to me.

Comment

If your needs are limited they are fine. We use ours regularly for the last minute items or extras.
                  Some of their brand name items are surprisingly good. Many are not. The prices beat Kroger or Albertson's but not Walmart's. Generally we use all four places.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Like other on here, I use them and like them.

Their meats, cheeses, eggs, milk, butter, etc are exceptional.

They really excel in the quality of meats and cheeses.

Outside of this, it is hit or miss on most other products.

Their produce (fruits and vegetables) is sub-par at best. I still go to a traditional grocery store for these items.

That and Cottonelle. They dont carry that and there is no equal .

Comment

I discovered Aldi not too long ago and it's now in the regular rotation. Worth it to me for the Keto bread alone.

Comment

I like them, don’t love them, here’s my take. The place feels like the dollar store, but they don’t screw around with the value of items like the dollar store does. I’ll use Oreos as the example: you can buy Oreos at the dollar store, but it’s a smaller package, and the actual value is less, you pay more per cookie going to the dollar store over say HEB or Kroger. It’s a difference or a few cents, or even fractions of a cent, but it can add up quickly if you shop there a lot. Aldi’s doesn’t do that, they have the same size package as HEB or Kroger, at a comparable price, but where they lose out is in variety. HEB or Kroger has Oreos, double-Stuf, Thin-mint Oreos, pumpkin spice Oreos, watermelon Oreos, the list goes on. Aldi’s has just regular Oreos. It’s kinda like that through-out the store.

Great on value, not the best for variety.

I will say their Winking Owl wines were shockingly good for the price. At $3 a bottle I expected it to taste full of preservatives like Barefoot or Yellow Tail, but they were perfectly drinkable, and really made me kinda look sideways at the $9-$12 price-range bottles I’ve been drinking.

Comment

I’ve never been in one but the comments here pretty much ensure that I won’t. I ain’t driving around to 2-3 stores to get groceries.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I went into one once. Asked about a shopping cart and they told me I would need to check one out for a quarter but that I’d get it back when I returned the cart. I kept the cart. I turn them in for scrap metal and quadruple my money.

Just kidding. I just walked out because I very seldom have any cash on me and I’m not going to make sure I have a quarter in my pocket just so I can go shopping.

Comment

I went into the one in Kemah a few years ago and it reminded me of Food Town. They are opening one up across the street from one of our HEB stores on 29 and I-35 in Georgetown. Time will tell if HEB pushes them out or not.

Comment

Life's too short to shop at Aldi. You do save a little money but not 1/4 the selection of HEB

Comment

Working...
                                X