HB 1000 EZ Reach Feeder - Leaking?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HB 1000 EZ Reach Feeder - Leaking?

Picked this up used for a good deal but as you can see had quite a bit of old moldy rotten corn in it. Bottom is even starting to rust slightly on the inside . Question is has anyone else found their HB feeders to leak or do you think it just had bad and/or wet corn put in it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

do you know where it leaked from? I usually spray flex seal on the inside of the welded seams to prevent leakage. Nothing sucks more than cleaning out a feeder full of molded corn.

Comment

Originally posted by hog_down View Post
      do you know where it leaked from? I usually spray flex seal on the inside of the welded seams to prevent leakage. Nothing sucks more than cleaning out a feeder full of molded corn.
      Good [emoji362]idea!

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Is the box welded or riveted together? If it's leaking I would think you would see a rust line. Could be sweat too.

Comment

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
          Is the box welded or riveted together? If it's leaking I would think you would see a rust line. Could be sweat too.
          Definitely not riveted but couldn't see any welds either. Appeared seamless with no rust line apparent. That's why I am wondering if it was just corn that maybe already got wet put in it? Was really wondering if anyone else experienced this with HB feeders as that would give me a better idea what's going on.

Comment

I have been running the same model for 8 years with no problems

Comment

I bet it sweated inside. I had an old feeder that shut so tight that if the feed had the least bit of moisture, it would mold. Once I started leaving room at top to vent, never another problem.

Comment

Working...
              X