22” 7mm with Magnum bolt face…

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

22” 7mm with Magnum bolt face…

Have a potential donor action that I’m considering sending to OMR for their upgrade package. The only 2 chamberings they have listed that interest me is the 7PRC and 28 Nos. The kicker is I would be going 22” on the barrel.

I can foresee powder burn issues for the Nos in 22” but several gun manufacturers produce that round in a 22”. Published data is all based on 26” barrels.

Any idea what the end difference would be in performance between a 22” 28Nosler and a 22” 7PRC?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The 28 will be faster and flatter. But the trade off will be shorter barrel life and heavier recoil. So kinda comes down to it’s intended purpose and if you are recoil sensitive.

Comment

I like prc. Got one in 6.5. Someone posted the 7 prc results on the sendero rifle classified. Look up the video and see what ya think. HCR 7mm prc test.

Comment

I was thinking on sending a rifle OMR. I have a Tikka T3 300WSM and I'm thinking about 20-22" barrel. I have heard good things about 7mm SUAM through a shorter barrel

Comment

Originally posted by dirtybay View Post
          I like prc. Got one in 6.5. Someone posted the 7 prc results on the sendero rifle classified. Look up the video and see what ya think. HCR 7mm prc test.

So do I. I’ve watched their video, good results and I think the 22” is a sweet spot for that round. Their chrono data had it low 2900s with 175g factory. Could probably squeeze a little more out with handloads, and I just happen to have a box of 175s sitting on my loading bench.

Comment

The 175 Eldx out of the 7 PRC in a 23” bbl is a deadly combo. 400 yards
            Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1965.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	170.1 KB
ID:	24704931

Comment

7 Saum. Have a good smith do it. Not sure what OME offers or who that even is lol. But don’t limit yourself

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
                7 Saum. Have a good smith do it. Not sure what OME offers or who that even is lol. But don’t limit yourself

SAUM is a good round but not something I’m considering. The PRC fits my objective much better. SAUM brass is harder to find and even though Lapua currently doesn’t offer 7PRC I believe they will as they offer 6.5 and 300 PRC. OMR is Oregon Mountain Rifles, they have upgrade kits for various models. Their kits include their carbon barrel and Peak 44 stock. I know a couple guys that have them and they are dang fine shooters. I’m also looking at the 7-300PRC and have reached out to APR to see about that as an option.

Comment

I too like the 7 saum but think the prc will do you right. I read adg has prc brass in the rotation for later this year.

The nosler will be faster than the prc but recoil and muzzle blast will be an issue.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                  X