ATF has made their ruling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
    They want to see your schedule A lmao. NO WAY. I don’t even provide my schedule A on any NFA purchases. Never have. They get my trust. Anyone wants to see my schedule A has to come ask. Or kiss my schedule Ace. I’ve got a bunch of registered NFA stuff. As do a lot here. But this is a clown show and forced registration to a T.
    My schedule A isn't notorized, just has a witness signature(I don't think a date either)

Comment

Originally posted by DirtyDave View Post
      The brace by itself is not illegal. They have just decided that a Brace is now considered a Stock. So an AR Pistol with a Brace is now considered an SBR because the brace = stock. So they give the option to register as SBR or reconfigure it back to what they consider a pistol

An AR Pistol with just a smooth buffer tube or foam sleeve is still considered a pistol

That’s not how I read the rule.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
        They want to see your schedule A lmao. NO WAY. I don’t even provide my schedule A on any NFA purchases. Never have. They get my trust. Anyone wants to see my schedule A has to come ask. Or kiss my schedule Ace. I’ve got a bunch of registered NFA stuff. As do a lot here. But this is a clown show and forced registration to a T.

Not exactly sure where you’re getting that out of having to prove ownership prior to January 13th and also having to prove configuration prior to January 13th. It’s a way for them to avoid everyone filing every **** thing they own as an SBR. I’m not sure why everyone thought it was just gonna be free SBR stamps no questions asked.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

An AR Pistol with just a smooth buffer tube or foam sleeve is still considered a pistol
          You might want to do a little more research on that statement.

Sent from my U304AA using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by QuackHunter View Post
            Not exactly sure where you’re getting that out of having to prove ownership prior to January 13th and also having to prove configuration prior to January 13th. It’s a way for them to avoid everyone filing every **** thing they own as an SBR. I’m not sure why everyone thought it was just gonna be free SBR stamps no questions asked.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            How else do you prove ownership on your trust? What other paperwork besides your schedule A?

And who the hell puts standard firearms in your NFA trust?

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post
              Bump stock ruling was overturned...
              Stupidest thing Trump ever did. But we all knew it was just a Liberal
              Band Aid.....

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
                I've been on a lot of murder and shooting scenes in my life. Not one involved a "supporting brace" or any of that. So FORNICATE you ATF.
                yup......just nibbling away at the 2nd Amendment. Looks like you snuck that one by the Admins....LOL

Comment

Originally posted by crash8005 View Post
                  WTH gun shop sent this? I wouldn't ever step foot or spend another dime with them again.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk
                  A&P armory in magnolia

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Hoggslayer View Post
                    You might want to do a little more research on that statement.

That is about Surface Area. A buttstock has surface area to spread the load over a larger area for recoil. The end of a plain buffer tube has the Surface Area of a 25 cent piece. The surface area of a "Brace" against your shoulder allows it to comfortably be fired that way.

Obviously left wide open since they didn't specify how much surface area is allowed or not. Would be nice if they gave you that in square inches, but that makes too much sense LOL

Comment

That is about Surface Area. A buttstock has surface area to spread the load over a larger area for recoil. The end of a plain buffer tube has the Surface Area of a 25 cent piece. The surface area of a "Brace" against your shoulder allows it to comfortably be fired that way.

Obviously left wide open since they didn't specify how much surface area is allowed or not. Would be nice if they gave you that in square inches, but that makes too much sense LOL
                      It says, "Whether the surface area is" so that means ANY surface area regardless of size.

Comment

The only thing I own with a pistol brace is a 11" Rem 700 308. since there is no buffer tube, I'm thinking I'll just remove the brace and get/build some sort of QD stock setup so I can just leave off most of the time when I'm not hunting.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoggslayer View Post
                          It says, "Whether the surface area is" so that means ANY surface area regardless of size.
                          So this is telling me that I can own an AR pistol with any buffer tube? It just goes to show how much BS this is.
                          Has anyone filed for there Form 1 yet. Would like to know how that went and it did not ask for payment at the end of the filing?

Comment

Originally posted by Huntin View Post
                            So this is telling me that I can own an AR pistol with any buffer tube? It just goes to show how much BS this is.

Has anyone filed for there Form 1 yet. Would like to know how that went and it did not ask for payment at the end of the filing?
                            Yep. It goes on the say "any reward attachment necessary for action to cycle" or something like that. So to me, that means any upper shorter than 16", in any configuration make it a SBR.

The evil pistol brace isn't illegal on a 16" upper. So all those thinking they'll just remove the brace might want to think that through.

None of this matters to me because all mine sank with my boat on Jan 12th.

Comment

Here is a screen shot from the "eforms" website for filing the SBR. There is now a place to get it for free.
                              Attached Files

Comment

What they're saying is; a Brace is crap and if you put a stock on it it's SBR. Either way you have to pay your $200 and let us keep track of you and what you have and if you don't you're a criminal. Unless it's a 16" barrel or longer and can't be considered as a pistol... and it can't be automatic either. (Soon they'll say no high capacity magazines).....
                                He77, Pakistan has more Freedom than we do when it comes to weapons

Comment

Working...
                                X