ATF has made their ruling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Esit
    Last edited by Death from Above; 01-16-2023, 10:33 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Death from Above View Post
      Sure would like a SBR….

If a person had a few “pistols” what are the cons of making one a SBR during the tax stamp waive.

If the have cans pinned…which is the route….they are still on a list
      Unless I misunderstand, these brace guns cannot go on your trust...if I'm wrong, someone please correct. I'm also uncertain what the steps are if you want to sell.

If you want a SBR, then pay for the stamp & play the game...if you decide, then get a suppressor at the same time. You won't want to shoot another AR unsuppressed after you have the real deal.

My gut tells me this whole deal is going to get tied up in the courts for a while...this is a huge constitutional overreach & again, I think the Va vs EPA win is on our side. DOJ cannot make law.

I wouldn't touch this if I had a brace.

Comment

I believe this will get tossed out by the courts. Not any different than the bump stock ban. Wait and see. This is all about registration of guns.

Comment

Originally posted by locolobo View Post
          "Not a **** thing like they have for the past 20 years or so. They probably worked WITH the ATF on this"

And it took the NRA all this time to get it through to the Supreme court!
          You need to get your ducks in a row fella! It takes years for a lot of this $#!t to work its way through the system and obviously, You do not have the guts to see it through. The NRA did!
          You must have started drinking early yesterday?? Where did I say anything about the NRA??

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post
            Unless I misunderstand, these brace guns cannot go on your trust...if I'm wrong, someone please correct. I'm also uncertain what the steps are if you want to sell.

If you want a SBR, then pay for the stamp & play the game...if you decide, then get a suppressor at the same time. You won't want to shoot another AR unsuppressed after you have the real deal.

My gut tells me this whole deal is going to get tied up in the courts for a while...this is a huge constitutional overreach & again, I think the Va vs EPA win is on our side. DOJ cannot make law.

I wouldn't touch this if I had a brace.

thanks...I am working towards a 10.5 with a designated can...that gets around the SBR and only has me on the hanger for the can.

This will be a gun that sits in the corner unless SHTF/uvalde type scenario

Comment

Another $200 isn't going to make you rich or poor...get one with a quick detach & have the ability to move it around for another gun / guns.

You will love shooting it & won't sit in the safe.

Comment

Another $200 isn't going to make you rich or poor...get one with a quick detach & have the ability to move it around for another gun / guns.

You will love shooting it & won't sit in the safe.
                You convinced me 😂

Comment

Originally posted by brrdnk View Post
                  I believe this will get tossed out by the courts. Not any different than the bump stock ban. Wait and see. This is all about registration of guns.

How long did it take for the bump stock ban to be overturned? There are millions more braces than bumpstocks out there. Some people will be used as examples before it’s overturned, if it is at all.

Sometimes The process is the punishment.

Comment

Originally posted by Clay C View Post
                    How long did the bump stock ban take to overturn?

Sometimes The process is the punishment.
                    On another site, the consensus is slap a 16" upper on it or disassemble, have mass non-compliance & simply wait it out.

Comment

On another site, the consensus is slap a 16" upper on it or disassemble, have mass non-compliance & simply wait it out.
                      but having a less than 16 inch upper in possession without at least 1 SBR in your name is going to cause problems. A disassembled AR pistol will still be an SBR by definition, correct?

"A firearm, as defined by the National Firearms Act (NFA), 26 U.S.C. 5845(a)(3), is made when unassembled parts are placed in close proximity in such a way that they:
                      (a)serve no useful purpose other than to make a rifle having a barrel or barrels of less than 16 inches in length;
                      or (b) convert a complete weapon into such an NFA firearm."

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Thus, the disassembly of the shorty upper...

Comment

Thus, the disassembly of the shorty upper...
                          and disposal of the barrel...

Comment

Originally posted by Clay C View Post
                            Any noise from the GOP about a LEO agency deciding millions of the GOP's constituents are now felons?
                            LOL. They are ALL the same Government. The only time they are pro 2a is when they are campaigning

Comment

Originally posted by duckmanep View Post
                              and disposal of the barrel...

Can you please point out the law where just a barrel itself that is under 16" is illegal??

Nobody advised to keep all the parts in the same box.

Comment

Can you please point out the law where just a barrel itself that is under 16" is illegal??

Nobody advised to keep all the parts in the same box.

And what is the definition of close proximity?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Working...
                                X