No announcement yet.

ATF has made their ruling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Realistically, how many of you have ever been checked or asked for paperwork. No one knows what they don't know.

Comment

Originally posted by Spoiled_TN_boy View Post
      Realistically, how many of you have ever been checked or asked for paperwork. No one knows what they don't know.

Never. I’ve been pulled over quite a few times by Game Wardens, State Troopers, and Local LEOs with a suppressed SBR sitting in the passenger seat, and none have ever asked for paperwork or questioned the legality at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Hoggslayer View Post
        So does the ruling stated that the Brace must be destroyed? Just figured I'd hold on to it until the tide swings back in our favor. That is if I had one. Just asking for a friend.

You don't have destroy the brace

Is the config of the old AR pistols legal? Smooth buffer tube with the foam?

Comment

Originally posted by PondPopper View Post
          Not naive at all..
          You are concerned and getting worked up about the banning of plastic parts(accessories)..
          I'll save my energy for fighting about and for the right to own actual guns..
          The two are not the same.. Not even close.
          in Az they are now banning 10 round magazines .. you can only have 9 rounds .. when they get down to 5 say goodbye to your model 29 ... that won't be legal any more ...

it will be like taking candy from a baby .. you'll never see it coming

Comment

so I have 119 days now to decide if I want to duct tape a brace to my 10/22 and Encore receiver and SBR them for free?

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by mmoses View Post

that's a good question , originally buffer tubes were round .. with introduction of braces , they used multi position buffer tubes with them ...

so now is a multi position buffer tube illegal on a pistol ? it was manufactured as part of a pistol and it's not the brace ...

of course when in doubt they will call it illegal i'm sure. ...

Comment

Originally posted by mmoses View Post

Check out the link in post 17...to me it reads if you can shoulder the tube it's a no go??

If this is indeed the case then they are simply trying to register all AR type pistols.

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
                  Then when you register it, you’re practically married to it. Much more difficult to sell.

I’ve got a CZ scorpion I might do. Idk that I wanna keep it though. Everything else is already registered as SBRs. Hmmmmm

NFA backlog is fixing to be endless
                  i got the same problem .. maybe worth it on the scorpion

can you one shot trust a form1 ?

Comment

Originally posted by PondPopper View Post
                    Now THIS is what a pistol looks like boys and girls.. A model 29-2 44 Mag Dirty Harry Special(Unfired so far).. I need a new insert. It's so old it's brittle..
                    I'm not sure about those black plastic things that y'all are getting worked up about...
                    When they start coming after these, and they ain't, is when we have a problem...
                    [ATTACH]1116042[/ATTACH]
                    The left LOVES people (or sheep) just like this. Makes it so easy for them.

Comment

Originally posted by imyomama View Post

I’d want it on my trust with all my NFA stuff. It’s the latest model. Nice gun but wasn’t planning on a form 1 so I can cross state lines legally. Decisions!

Comment

Originally posted by Greenheadless View Post
                        The left LOVES people (or sheep) just like this. Makes it so easy for them.
                        Lol.. I know you don't know me at all and you know it too, and yet here you are just bumping your gums like you always do, trying to be the latest cool kid on the block.
                        With that being said I can promise you they don't... Unlike like many I'm not a bit worried about losing ANY of my guns.. Haven't lost one in almost 50 years..
                        Last edited by PondPopper; 01-14-2023, 07:31 PM.

Comment

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
                            Sure they are. Here are your options under this rule:

1) Register your gun with the NFA (tax free for your convenience of course).
                            2) Remove and/or destroy that evil short barrel upper assembly.
                            3) Remove and destroy the brace, BUT even the presence of the buffer tube is now constituted as an SBR. So this accomplishes what?
                            4) Destroy the firearm
                            5) Turn in the firearm to the ATF

So you either register your GUN, destroy your GUN or turn in your GUN to the ATF.

So anybody that doesn’t believe this is a gateway to register, destroy or confiscate your GUN is a fool.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                            I like option 6. Don’t do a **** thing. We bought them legal. I refuse to register or pay a tax or turn in.

Comment

I would just like to know how this country got to the point of letting law enforcement write laws. Seems like a bit of a conflict of interest to me, yet they have been doing it for quite some time and getting away with it.

Comment

Originally posted by imyomama View Post

reading that the trust had to already possess the item before 1/13. can't add any of these tax free ones to a trust without paying tax

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X