ATF has made their ruling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PondPopper View Post
    Now THIS is what a pistol looks like boys and girls.. A model 29-2 44 Mag Dirty Harry Special(Unfired so far).. I need a new insert. It's so old it's brittle..
    I'm not sure about those black plastic things that y'all are getting worked up about...
    When they start coming after these, and they ain't, is when we have a problem...
    [ATTACH]1116042[/ATTACH]

Your naivety is comical. It's all about small steps sir.

Comment

Originally posted by imyomama View Post
      actually it sounds like free sbr for everyone .. or is it??

a democrat like a chess player always looks a few moves ahead...

the difference between buying a gun ,doing a background check and an nfa item , is they are allowed to keep registration info on who has the nfa item and more importantly "where" . when you have an nfa item , it has to be kept at the location it is registered and if you move , you have to update it and tell them where it moved to.

by law , only your ffl keeps a copy of your form, and the atf is not supposed to long term document background checks .. so they can't tell who has what or where it goes after the sale. they can't possibly subpoena every ffl dealer in your area to find out if you bought a gun or not. it's not searchable by you.

this however tricks you into willingly sending in all your information and registering what you have....

this also makes it impossible for you to now sell it to anyone without paperwork or even to give it or lend it to anyone or leave it anywhere .

looks to me like they're just trying to use the nfa to click bait you into registering what you got !

i bet the next thing they will try is to make any ar15 part of the nfa too... even rifles... and i'm sure that will be free too .... and when they have final count , then they'll come pick them up , or further regulate what you can and can't do with them.

so you think you gonna save $200 , while you're actually selling away your liberty.

take that brace off ... and run a smooth buffer tube until this nonsense gets overturned in court ... don't fall for it.... this is just step 1 of their plan!

Spot on, pretty much sums up my take when I first read about this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by imyomama View Post
        actually it sounds like free sbr for everyone .. or is it??

a democrat like a chess player always looks a few moves ahead...

the difference between buying a gun ,doing a background check and an nfa item , is they are allowed to keep registration info on who has the nfa item and more importantly "where" . when you have an nfa item , it has to be kept at the location it is registered and if you move , you have to update it and tell them where it moved to.

by law , only your ffl keeps a copy of your form, and the atf is not supposed to long term document background checks .. so they can't tell who has what or where it goes after the sale. they can't possibly subpoena every ffl dealer in your area to find out if you bought a gun or not. it's not searchable by you.

this however tricks you into willingly sending in all your information and registering what you have....

this also makes it impossible for you to now sell it to anyone without paperwork or even to give it or lend it to anyone or leave it anywhere .

looks to me like they're just trying to use the nfa to click bait you into registering what you got !

i bet the next thing they will try is to make any ar15 part of the nfa too... even rifles... and i'm sure that will be free too .... and when they have final count , then they'll come pick them up , or further regulate what you can and can't do with them.

so you think you gonna save $200 , while you're actually selling away your liberty.

take that brace off ... and run a smooth buffer tube until this nonsense gets overturned in court ... don't fall for it.... this is just step 1 of their plan!

Yep.

Go ahead and willingly give them their registry that they want so bad.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Now THIS is what a pistol looks like boys and girls.. A model 29-2 44 Mag Dirty Harry Special(Unfired so far).. I need a new insert. It's so old it's brittle..
          I'm not sure about those black plastic things that y'all are getting worked up about...
          When they start coming after these, and they ain't, is when we have a problem...
          [ATTACH]1116042[/ATTACH]
          Canada banned handguns.. right after they banned their ar15s

The black AR15 was 1st manufactured 5 years before your S&W was 1st manufactured.

Comment

Huge pandoras box...from another site:

And then they weaponize the Sporter Clause in GCA68 which allows them to proibit anything they like as "not suitable for sport." Pretty much you'd be lucky to be left with revolvers, lever actions and break-opens in that scenario... NFA is a nuisance but it's not the biggest elephant in the room

Members of congress / NRA / GOA have already called out the admin/doj as this being a registration / confiscation racket...bring on the fireworks.

Republican lawmakers and gun rights groups slammed the Biden administration after ATF finalized a new rule regulating pistols equipped with a stabilizing brace accessory as a short-barreled rifle.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon B View Post
              Your naivety is comical. It's all about small steps sir.
              Not naive at all..
              You are concerned and getting worked up about the banning of plastic parts(accessories)..
              I'll save my energy for fighting about and for the right to own actual guns..
              The two are not the same.. Not even close.

Comment

No, you are missing the entire issue pp...they are going after the guns via the brace. This is a really really big deal.

Imagine if they passed a law you could only hold 5 rounds & you had to register your 29 to keep it or throw away the cylinder. All gun owners need to be in this fight.

Comment

Not naive at all..
                  You are concerned and getting worked up about the banning of plastic parts(accessories)..

Sure they are. Here are your options under this rule:

1) Register your gun with the NFA (tax free for your convenience of course).
                  2) Remove and/or destroy that evil short barrel upper assembly.
                  3) Remove and destroy the brace, BUT even the presence of the buffer tube is now constituted as an SBR. So this accomplishes what?
                  4) Destroy the firearm
                  5) Turn in the firearm to the ATF

So you either register your GUN, destroy your GUN or turn in your GUN to the ATF.

So anybody that doesn’t believe this is a gateway to register, destroy or confiscate your GUN is a fool.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

[ATTACH]1116042[/ATTACH]
                    Not a pistol technically, it’s a revolver.

Comment

Not naive at all..
                      If not naive, then you’re stupid lol. Give an inch they’ll take a mile. Doesn’t matter if you “like” the stuff or not.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
                          If not naive, then you’re stupid lol. Give an inch they’ll take a mile. Doesn’t matter if you “like” the stuff or not.
                          Without the stabilizer brace do you still have a firearm/gun?? Yes No??
                          Just curious.. Are you going to shoot that car jacker or home invader with your stabilizer brace or your firearm?
                          Last edited by PondPopper; 01-14-2023, 02:55 PM.

Comment

Without the stabilizer brace do you still have a firearm/gun?? Yes No??
                            Just curious.. Are you going to shoot that car jacker or home invader with your stabilizer brace or your firearm?
                            It’s not about the brace itself, it’s about using the brace, and probably the associated buffer tube, in order to go after the actual firearm. Artos pretty much laid that out in post #67 in this thread.

The brace is just a vessel, and the feds have tried bans/restrictions with other common and previously approved features before. Collapsible stocks, pistol grips, “barrel shrouds”, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
                              Sure they are. Here are your options under this rule:

1) Register your gun with the NFA (tax free for your convenience of course).
                              2) Remove and/or destroy that evil short barrel upper assembly.
                              3) Remove and destroy the brace, BUT even the presence of the buffer tube is now constituted as an SBR. So this accomplishes what?
                              4) Destroy the firearm
                              5) Turn in the firearm to the ATF

So you either register your GUN, destroy your GUN or turn in your GUN to the ATF.

So anybody that doesn’t believe this is a gateway to register, destroy or confiscate your GUN is a fool.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                              Yes!

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

So does the ruling stated that the Brace must be destroyed? Just figured I'd hold on to it until the tide swings back in our favor. That is if I had one. Just asking for a friend.

Comment

Working...
                                X