ATF has made their ruling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tvc184 View Post
    Like you and others in this forum, I have been to hundreds of such scenes. I always made that argument with some of the silly previous assault weapons ban law signed by Bill Clinton and fortunately Bush allowed it to expire. One of the items that made an “assault weapon” was a bayonet lug. Out of a few hundred such scenes, including well over 100 murders, I have never seen a person bayoneted. That was part of the law back then though, that the bayonet lug helped make it a dreaded weapon.

Add in barrel shrouds, high capacity magazines, a magazine in front of the trigger…….

It was/is all nonsense.
    Yep. All feel good legislation that does nothing to suppress crime. Lock these violent MF'ers up for a long time if you want to do something meaningful. Same with suppressors. Worked homicide a long time and never saw one involved in a crime.

Comment

Originally posted by bboswell View Post
      ASSUMING the ones sold as pistols are still legal how does LE distinguish them from ones built at home?
      I know, I know. They can't.

Never mind the average beat cop has no clue how one would obtain a stamp for a SBR or a can in the first place. Matter of fact I worked a shooting where a guy had a suppressed rifle ( sorry chew) and the investigator wanted to file on the guy cause "you can't own that". I found the correct paperwork later. And still had to explain it.

The only other suppressors I've seen had zero numbers engraved on them

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Then when you register it, you’re practically married to it. Much more difficult to sell.

I’ve got a CZ scorpion I might do. Idk that I wanna keep it though. Everything else is already registered as SBRs. Hmmmmm

NFA backlog is fixing to be endless

Comment

They just can't allow a disloyal subject to get around sending them the $200 tax they believe they are entitled to.

Comment

Originally posted by Raider4044 View Post
            Hmmmm, so if they are waiving the $200 tax to register firearms with braces, I wonder if you can swap to a rifle stock after you register it like a normal SBR?

I’ve got a few stripped lowers sitting in my safe I wouldn’t mind SBRing if they are waiving the $200….. I might have to dig around my closet and see if I can find a brace to throw on them temporarily.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            actually it sounds like free sbr for everyone .. or is it??

a democrat like a chess player always looks a few moves ahead...

the difference between buying a gun ,doing a background check and an nfa item , is they are allowed to keep registration info on who has the nfa item and more importantly "where" . when you have an nfa item , it has to be kept at the location it is registered and if you move , you have to update it and tell them where it moved to.

by law , only your ffl keeps a copy of your form, and the atf is not supposed to long term document background checks .. so they can't tell who has what or where it goes after the sale. they can't possibly subpoena every ffl dealer in your area to find out if you bought a gun or not. it's not searchable by you.

this however tricks you into willingly sending in all your information and registering what you have....

this also makes it impossible for you to now sell it to anyone without paperwork or even to give it or lend it to anyone or leave it anywhere .

looks to me like they're just trying to use the nfa to click bait you into registering what you got !

i bet the next thing they will try is to make any ar15 part of the nfa too... even rifles... and i'm sure that will be free too .... and when they have final count , then they'll come pick them up , or further regulate what you can and can't do with them.

so you think you gonna save $200 , while you're actually selling away your liberty.

take that brace off ... and run a smooth buffer tube until this nonsense gets overturned in court ... don't fall for it.... this is just step 1 of their plan!

Comment

Now THIS is what a pistol looks like boys and girls.. A model 29-2 44 Mag Dirty Harry Special(Unfired so far).. I need a new insert. It's so old it's brittle..
              I'm not sure about those black plastic things that y'all are getting worked up about...
              When they start coming after these, and they ain't, is when we have a problem...
              Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	1
Size:	753.7 KB
ID:	24704264
              Last edited by PondPopper; 01-13-2023, 10:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by imyomama View Post
                so you think you gonna save $200 , while you're actually selling away your liberty.

take that brace off ... and run a smooth buffer tube until this nonsense gets overturned in court ... don't fall for it.... this is just step 1 of their plan!
                Again, read the link in post #17...maybe I'm taking it wrong, but my initial thinking is if they think you can shoulder, even stripping down to the b-tube you still gotta sbr??

My bet is this hits the courts & the good guys use EPA vs Va for defense against this...DOJ cannot create law.

Comment

Originally posted by mmoses View Post
                  If you bought just the lower, the dealer should have put "Receiver/Frame"

Long gun and pistol is for complete guns only.

Should be interesting! Wonder what the NRA is going to do.
                  NRA is a joke. They’re not the ones behind all the winning lately.

Comment

I thought I saw just the other day that Bump stocks were legal again?

So If a person was to own a lower with a brace without a upper attached, it all good right?

Comment

Originally posted by PondPopper View Post
                      Now THIS is what a pistol looks like boys and girls.. A model 29-2 44 Mag Dirty Harry Special(Unfired so far).. I need a new insert. It's so old it's brittle..
                      I'm not sure about those black plastic things that y'all are getting worked up about...
                      When they start coming after these, and they ain't, is when we have a problem...
                      [ATTACH]1116042[/ATTACH]

You have a pretty distorted view of what a problem is!

Comment

Originally posted by bboswell View Post
                        You have a pretty distorted view of what a problem is!
                        Not at all.. We just think differently..

Comment

Originally posted by Hoggslayer View Post
                          I thought I saw just the other day that Bump stocks were legal again?

So If a person was to own a lower with a brace without aN upper attached, it all good right?
                          Yep Bump stock ban was overturned.

Comment

Originally posted by Kirks55 View Post
                            Yep Bump stock ban was overturned.
                            Yes, and if you read or watch a video on the rationale behind the bump stock overturn and the fact that the ATF recently suffered a major setback on the whole "Made in Texas" suppressor lawsuit, the ATF is going to have a very significant amount of difficulty getting the shoulder brace "ban" to hold once it hits the courts. And it will hit the courts.

That said, I'm not sure that the FJB administration necessarily cares or wants a ban to go into effect. They just want to appear trying to do something...

Sadly, I lost my AR pistols when I was out fishing so I don't have to deal with it for now, but once the smoke clears, I'll go out and purchase new ones as I'm pretty certain this is going to end up failing spectacularly in court.

Comment

Originally posted by PondPopper View Post
                              [ATTACH]1116042[/ATTACH]
                              no ... actually based on your description, it's a paper weight... since it's never been fired ... bs aside if you think that as soon as they are done taking everything else , they're just gonna say , but you can keep your dirty harry pistol ?

in their perfect world if all guns besides revolvers were gone , criminals would use revolvers , and democrats would come after them...

it never stops... and the sooner you realize what side you're on the better...

you're either pro 2a or you're not...

this "you have the right to bear arms .... but NOT THIS ONE "... should be all you need to base your decision on.

because they sure are never going to stop nibbling away at the list that's not acceptable..

just look at AZ ... new magazine ban says 9 is max capacity of a firearm .. well guess what .. when they get to 5 ... your 29-2 will be a high capacity firearm and banned too... and that's when you'll decide to make your stand ?

check mate .. and you never even saw it coming!

Comment

Originally posted by imyomama View Post
                                actually it sounds like free sbr for everyone .. or is it??

a democrat like a chess player always looks a few moves ahead...

the difference between buying a gun ,doing a background check and an nfa item , is they are allowed to keep registration info on who has the nfa item and more importantly "where" . when you have an nfa item , it has to be kept at the location it is registered and if you move , you have to update it and tell them where it moved to.

by law , only your ffl keeps a copy of your form, and the atf is not supposed to long term document background checks .. so they can't tell who has what or where it goes after the sale. they can't possibly subpoena every ffl dealer in your area to find out if you bought a gun or not. it's not searchable by you.

this however tricks you into willingly sending in all your information and registering what you have....

this also makes it impossible for you to now sell it to anyone without paperwork or even to give it or lend it to anyone or leave it anywhere .

looks to me like they're just trying to use the nfa to click bait you into registering what you got !

i bet the next thing they will try is to make any ar15 part of the nfa too... even rifles... and i'm sure that will be free too .... and when they have final count , then they'll come pick them up , or further regulate what you can and can't do with them.

This sounds like exactly what they are trying.

Comment

Working...
                                X