Clear All

Best I could come up with those specs is the following:
    Rampage .300 @ 27”
    140 insert 125 point
    10 grain wrap
    4 fletch
    Lighted nock
    554 grains shooting 265 out of the RX3.
    If you wanted to trim the arrow a bit to say 25.5” that would open some other options.
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by quackadikt View Post
      Have you shot that through a chrono to get that speed? That seems extremely fast for those specs you gave.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      I shot three arrows through the chrono at Archery Country in Austin, Texas to determine that speed. I can't testify as to how accurate that unit is, but using that speed for my sight tape has been spot on.

Comment

For all the tinkerers out there (probably most on this page), I encourage you to look at a program like Archer's Advantage or other similar offering. Getting your bow in the optimal setup with your arrows/points is pretty fun and while it's not perfect, I've had good luck. A learning experience for myself, when over spined broadhead flight can be a bit off, notably flying more to the left with some of the larger fixed heads. Adjusting accordingly to get in the sweet spot fixed that, and again is a testament to everything working in harmony...

...or just call MuddyFuzzy!

Comment

I can’t get crapatalk to load pictures, but here are two other build options that spined real good on the calculator(just a tick stiff).

Victory RIP 300
          27”
          75gr insert with 25gr collar
          150gr broadhead
          4 fusion x-ii 3.0 vanes(9.5grs / piece)
          Lighted nocks
          Total arrow weight 545gr

Easton Axis 300
          27”
          75gr inserts
          150gr broadheads
          4 fusion x-ii 2.1 vanes(5.8grs / piece)
          Lighted nocks
          Total arrow weight 557gr

Comment

Originally posted by mzurovec View Post
            I shot three arrows through the chrono at Archery Country in Austin, Texas to determine that speed. I can't testify as to how accurate that unit is, but using that speed for my sight tape has been spot on.

That’s impressive to say the least.

Comment

I’m shooting blackeagle carnivore 250’s @ 29”
              With 100 grain brass insert and 125gr broadheads. The total weight is 554gr at 270fps.
              Mathews vxr 31.5 @ 75lbs.
              I shot a large cow elk last year once at 20 yards and again at 40 yards both broadside and full pass throughs using Magnus black hornets 4 blade.

Comment

Originally posted by quackadikt View Post
                And on the skinny shafts…

I honestly think that once you poke a hole larger than the shaft of the arrow and lubricate that shaft with blood, penetration is negligible.

Skinnys will out penetrate a .246 all day long and twice on Sundays in foam, and by a lot. They’ll also cut wind better. But lube those babies up in a hole that’s multiple times larger than the shaft, and I haven’t seen how it matters at all in the real world.

This is what I was getting at.

Comment

pm sent

Comment

Originally posted by Duckologist View Post
                    This is what I was getting at.
                    I meant to quote you for that reply. I agree 100%.

Comment

Originally posted by rocky View Post
                      Maybe somebody will do a test and write a paper comparing the difference in penetration from micro diameter shaft vs a standard shaft behind a broad head in animals. Of course, both shafts need to have equal weight, foc, and speed.

Ashby has. Look at his foundation and his 12 properties. He explains this.

Comment

Working...
                      X