Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Missing Girl Wise Co - Athena Strand 7 yrs old.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Missing Girl Wise Co - Athena Strand 7 yrs old.

Awful news here. Yesterday evening around 640p her step mom reported her missing. This is 2.7 miles from where I live!

Details as I've heard 2nd hand - Bus dropped her and her siblings off at at home after school. Step mom was at home with children. I guess she was last seen around 5:30. Step mom was making dinner and showering. Couldn't find her around 545p-6p realized she was missing. Called police after search of area around home. Multiple agencies responded as far away as forth worth (with helicopters). Volunteers joined in as well though the night and this morning. Father was not at home when she went missing. Local law enforcement called of search earlier today. Crickets since then.

I do no personally know these folks but this is a scary situation especially being so close to home.

If you have more details I'd be interested to hear them.

I saw this earlier. Just got an amber alert on my phone as I was reading this. It was a pretty vague amber alert and sounds like they don't really know anything at all.

Comment

Question the Step-mom, seems fishy. Hope not, but it doesn't feel right.

Comment

Originally posted by Speedgoat View Post
        Question the Step-mom, seems fishy. Hope not, but it doesn't feel right.

Agreed. This is very close to where I live as well, although I'm on a two week deployment to the border currently. I know some folks involved with the search and am interested to see where this goes. Something definitely doesn't seem right

Comment

Step mom……….she already doing interviews on TV talking about the little girl in the last tense yet??

Comment

terrible

Comment

Praying they find her

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Got the amber alert also. Very sad.

Comment

Prayers sent.

Comment

I saw a drone a guy used up north to find deer. He claims he was just as effective as tracking dogs. He flew at 500 feet and found lots of live deer and found every dead deer.

Perhaps TPWD could use their thermal drone to do the same to find this little girl? Maybe she just walked away and got lost? I don't know the area but is it possible?

Comment

Hope she's OK,

Comment

Hope they find her alive and well.

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                          Got the amber alert also. Very sad.
                          yep, this as well. Hope it turns out ok.

Comment

Live nearby as well, been seeing it blasted all over facebook. Praying for good news soon!

Comment

Originally posted by Dusty Britches View Post
                              I saw a drone a guy used up north to find deer. He claims he was just as effective as tracking dogs. He flew at 500 feet and found lots of live deer and found every dead deer.

Perhaps TPWD could use their thermal drone to do the same to find this little girl? Maybe she just walked away and got lost? I don't know the area but is it possible?
                              They had 3 of them along with a FWPD helicopter that has a HUGE thermal camera on it and 4 sets of dogs. My dad who lives a mile down the road from me said they had just started searching land in our area a few hours ago. So they are about 3 miles out from the home she lives in now.

Comment

Working...
                              X