No announcement yet.

Pronghorn hunt recommendations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They have ground blinds set up over water holes. They said they usually drop the hunter off before sunrise and pick-up after dark because if the goats see a car or person, they won't go near that water for days

Comment

Bump this thread for you all.
      Iron Mountain Outfitters in SE Wyoming has pronghorn hunting in an area that was 0 PP last year. They also have cow elk licenses that can be bought OTC for their area too.

Comment

Me & a couple friends have done Wy. on our own, public land 5 times. Water hole & spot n stalk. We have always taken decent Bucks & a few Does too. Last trip 2019 (very wet, only Spot n stalk) My sons 1st trip & he arrowed 3rd afternoon 39 yds. Several busted stalks & 2 misses b/4. 4 ofus took 3 Bucks & 1 Doe. They were "just" starting to rut. All other hunts were b/4 & dry. We have also arrowed a few P&Yers but are not head hunters. Need points to draw. We are looking at N.W. corner of S.D. No draw & can get (so far) lic online. These are our 2019 Antelope.
        Attached Files

Comment

those are nice! thanks

Comment

Update

I got on with Hat Creek Valley Outfitters in NW Nebraska, very near the Wyoming border. I managed to get one permit bought before it sold out - I wasn't even able to get a permit for my husband. :-/

So my hunt dates are Aug. 24- Aug. 30. Should be a good year to hunt over water, because there ain't none! LOL

Comment

I spoke to the outfitter, Chase, about the difficulty of permits. He said for years Nebraska had unlimited archery antelope permits, and usually sold about 250 each year. Then in 2018 they sold about 300 and in 2019 they sold about 350-400 permits. Then Covid hit. In 2020 they sold 1500 permits! The hunters were trespassing everywhere (most of NE is actually privately owned). So last year they limited NR permits to 250 and sold out in 36 hours. This year, they sold out in 12 minutes.

Comment

Originally posted by Slew View Post
                I can barely make it 2 hours in a popup looking at hill country deer the whole time! No way I could ever sit in one all day waiting on a pronghorn to show up! Good luck in your search!

Did it one day in Wyoming. Dawn to Dusk. Horrible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                X