Drone Hovering Over Me While Hunting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by flywise View Post
    if you shoot it you risk jail time and much money in fines..
    That is true and the FAA are actually starting to take action...i have been involved in a couple cases regarding drones getting shot down. No different than shooting at a plane or helicopter.

Comment

Originally posted by Loneaggie View Post
      Also technically illegal per TPWD to scout/photograph wildlife to begin with. So TPWD could actually issue them a ticket.... parking over a feeder during deer season with a drone pretty much is pretty much scouting, but hunter harassment works as well. Other than that its an ugly situation where drones and privacy are concerned. Sadly once you leave a structure, everything over ground level belongs to the FAA.

Common sense goes a longs way, pilot evidently lost his for a while.
      Agreed. we need more common sense enforcement!

Comment

Originally posted by FastLife1K View Post
        That is true and the FAA are actually starting to take action...i have been involved in a couple cases regarding drones getting shot down. No different than shooting at a plane or helicopter.

It is a world of difference...we know those laws were written before the inception of personal small drones taking to the skies. The intent of the law was never to fine or arrest someone taking out a small personal drone. I would take my chances in a court of law.

Comment

Just for the record incase anyone is reading this in the future. I DID NOT AND WILL NOT SHOOT DOWN THE DRONE.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Agreed. there needs to be more enforcement of the laws from the FAA. And the only agency that own any airspace int he US is the FAA. Keeping a drone in "line of sight" is a "best practice " and recommended by the FAA but not a law.

What is funny to me as I see more and more drones interact with people most people have the reaction of "eff drones" and they shouldn't be flying over my land but they don't have the same reaction to planes or helicopters? It is very interesting to me.

I wish more drone owners were responsible and the FAA did more against them but that is a long way off.
            You don’t recognize the difference between a plane or helicopter flying over and a drone videoing in somebody’s backyard or in this case hanging out above ones feeder?

Comment

Originally posted by Pushbutton2 View Post
              [emoji848]
              Maybe this [emoji16]

As Always My Heart is filled with Love for you and Your Families. Not because I am commanded to Love my Neighbor but because I can, am able to and it brings me Joy.
              I believe that would fall under "Dangerous Game"

Comment

Originally posted by Alta View Post
                You don’t recognize the difference between a plane or helicopter flying over and a drone videoing in somebody’s backyard or in this case hanging out above ones feeder?
                Oh i do. but the FAA does not and there really is no difference. a news chopper can hover over a place and video for as long as they want.

Comment

Originally posted by Jspradley View Post
                  I believe that would fall under "Dangerous Game"
                  Yea that's when you have to yell "He's coming right for us!" Before shooting right? Lol

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by RattlesnakeDan View Post
                    It is a world of difference...we know those laws were written before the inception of personal small drones taking to the skies. The intent of the law was never to fine or arrest someone taking out a small personal drone. I would take my chances in a court of law.
                    Don't shoot me the messenger lol

But they weren't written before personal drones became popular. The latest set of UAS laws were just released this year. And speaking from experience people have taken there chances with the law and are having to pay. so just letting you know. do what you want and all if you can afford it.

Comment

But they weren't written before personal drones became popular. The latest set of UAS laws were just released this year. And speaking from experience people have taken there chances with the law and are having to pay. so just letting you know. do what you want and all if you can afford it.
                      I assumed those were old laws, I can't believe that new laws would protect a personal drone the same as an actual aircraft. Makes no sense to me but I guess many laws don't anymore. lol

Comment

Oh i do. but the FAA does not and there really is no difference. a news chopper can hover over a place and video for as long as they want.
                        There really is an enormous difference even if the FAA laws have not been updated to reflect drones (which were not around when those laws were enacted). And it will most likely take an individual challenging the law by being prosecuted for taking down a drone to enact change in this area. Our next door neighbor had a drone outside their kids window a couple weeks back. News helicopters normally don’t try to video children in their bedrooms. This is just one example of the problem and why laws need to be updated as an unmanned drone is very different than a helicopter or plane.

Comment

My understanding is they are old laws that have not been updated. New laws have been released but nothing has changed regarding drones.

Comment

There really is an enormous difference even if the FAA laws have not been updated to reflect drones (which were not around when those laws were enacted). And it will most likely take an individual challenging the law by being prosecuted for taking down a drone to enact change in this area. Our next door neighbor had a drone outside their kids window a couple weeks back. News helicopters normally don’t try to video children in their bedrooms. This is just one example of the problem and why laws need to be updated as an unmanned drone is very different than a helicopter or plane.

There have been a couple incidents in Texas that aren't mentioned in the news were the FAA gave out fines for shooting drones.

What you are referring to fall under privacy laws and the drone operator if found can be prosecuted by local police for "peeping Tom" laws. And pretty soon those probably wont matter with how far you can zoom in on google earth lol

Comment

My understanding is they are old laws that have not been updated. New laws have been released but nothing has changed regarding drones.
                              Please explain. the laws regarding drones have changed drastically over the last few years. and model aircraft with camera have been around since before i was born lol its just recently a popular problem

Comment

Originally posted by RattlesnakeDan View Post
                                I assumed those were old laws, I can't believe that new laws would protect a personal drone the same as an actual aircraft. Makes no sense to me but I guess many laws don't anymore. lol
                                You would think but the FAA wants to know who is flying the drone so how did they make that happen? They required drone registrations and assigned N numbers to them lol Government operations....

Comment

Working...
                                X