No announcement yet.

Pretty disappointed......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The company I work for gave me my 20 year package three years late .

Comment

They love you Randy and it shows.

Comment

If its curved dont set it in a sunny window and on wooden desk. It could focus the light and burn your desk. Double whammy.

No chit, Ive seen this with a Marine Corps birthday trinket. I thought my roommate was smoking in our barracks room and kept finding burn marks on a desk…then one day I walked in with the sun light at the right angle and the desk smoking.

Keep on keepin on MrEagle. Youre almost done.

Comment

First off…congrats on 45 years. That’s very unusual these days.

Second…it’s sad that employers don’t recognize their most valuable assets are the people. If I had a 45 year employee, his ONLY job would be sharing our culture with the new guys and spreading the message that this is place people want to stay at for 45 years.

Third…I give better gifts for 10, 20 and 30 year employees. Custom jackets, custom watches, custom boots among other choices.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Some of those stories are super crappy. State you upgrade from a 5 year paper to a 10 year folder to a 15 year hard sided folder, etc.

That said, if any of you are in a position to give good gifts, I have USA made production knives that I can get in singles up through 50-100 quantities.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

So for giving them 2/3 of my life I got a piece of acrylic, a postcard thanking me and a gift that will never get used.

I’m guessing you also got somewhere between one and two million dollars (or more) for your time. So there is that.

The company I work for does the same thing. You just get mail recognition and pick out junk from a catalog.

Unfortunately there’s lots of large companies that just don’t care. If you retire tomorrow you will be replaced and forgotten.

Congrats on 45 that’s a heck of a feat. You deserve more than what you got.

Last edited by AntlerCollector; 05-01-2022, 09:52 AM.

Comment

Sigh!

You got your pride, bro! That's what counts the most. And congrats for 45. Most I ever did anywhere was 9 years and 8 months. I was a job hopper before that. Finally found a place I can stay to the end. Just wish I could'a started there 20 or more years ago.

Comment

The commitment needed to accomplish that is highly commendable. That said . . . . Life is too short to work 45 years for the same company. I'm grateful that my wife kept us humble enough to live in the first home we bought, get us out of debt quickly and invest in real estate allowing me to retire you g an just work my business for extra money.
                  One thing a few heart attacks will teach you is that tomorrow isn't promised and giving them all to some company that doesn't appreciate you is a mistake.
                  I was on the way to the hospital on a Wednesday morning in March of 2015 having a mild miocardial infarction and all I could think about was how glad I was to had retired the July before so I wasn't at work having it.

Get out now. Two more years may be too late.

Sent from my moto g play (2021) using Tapatalk

Comment

About as bad as the company I used to work for.
                    Boss gave me my little trinket, for 35 years service, in the morning meeting. I took one look at it and saw that it was the exact same little awards pin as all the others and just tossed in a trash can that was nearby. He was shocked. The new hires were shocked. The old timers nodded their heads in understanding approval.
                    The union, on the other hand, gave me a nice pin insetted with precious stones.

Comment

Classic! Mail it back to em. The days of employee appreciation are gone. My dad was the last class to receive a Rolex when he retired from Cameron Iron Works in 1986. Sad but true.

Comment

Congratulations on 45 years. That’s an amazing accomplishment.

Comment

I just retired and got a nice plaque. But, what was the most important for me was almost 37 years of full time employment and never missing a paycheck! And, as bad as it seems, a company can’t be overly devoted to any 1 of its employees, life goes on and so does business. Congratulations on a long successful career, I’m sure you’re proud of your work, and rightfully so.

Comment

Man that’s terrible.
                            At least a personal thank you from the head guy.

Comment

I don't expect a Rolex or anything real special, but they could have been a little more personal. Present the piece of plastic to me with the guys there, maybe some donuts. There is not a day goes by I don't help the young guys. The trade schools teach them just enough to be dangerous. I have experience from before the machines even had memories. They had reel to reel tape readers. Run a part then rewind the tape and go again. Heck, the manual machine areas were bigger than the NC areas.

Comment

I got something similar to that one time. Gave a company everything I had for 10 yrs. It went straight in the trash. I moved on to do other things 6 months later.

Comment

Working...
                                X