Pretty disappointed......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pretty disappointed......

Yesterday, I got a package from the company I work for. I opened it up and it was my recognition for 45yrs of service. It's bad enough that my 45th anniversary was last June, but this was disappointing. First, it was sent to my home and not presented to me at the shop with the guy's I've spent many years working with. Second, it is not personalized in any way. The only thing with my name on it is the shipping label. I do get to pick a gift from an online catalog that has nothing me or any of my family want or need. So for giving them 2/3 of my life I got a piece of acrylic, a postcard thanking me and a gift that will never get used. Sorry for the rant, I guess it is part of working for a large company. Here's my piece of plastic.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Resized_20220422_150641.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	11.9 KB
ID:	25280414

Pretty crappy gift.

Comment

Sorry. That certainly sux.

Comment

Seems like the personal connection to valued employees is often lost these days. Sorry they did not handle this better with you but congrats on a pretty monumental accomplishment!!!

Comment

Nothing should be surprising these days, but this is definitely a surprisingly crappy deal.

Not that we should do things for recognition, but my goodness, that's a slap in the face! Hopefully somehow they affirm your work in other ways on a regular basis.

Comment

They might as well not recognize years of service at all if that is the best they can do.

Comment

People are just a number to employers.

Comment

I’d rather have a steak dinner.

Comment

That company has been headed downhill for a long time and dropped off the cliff with the takeover from united. Complete trash now, the entire management structure is full of self serving woke sissies. Another perfect example of "everything that goes woke turns to chit".

Comment

Rts

Comment

They are saving up for your 50th. It going to be a big shindig.

45years at one company is a heck of an accomplishment.

Raytheon is the prime on our NASA contract. I have a some Raytheon swag I can sent you if it would make you feel better.

Comment

Wow, that is pathetic. Congrats on the anniversary.

Comment

Sorry for you man. Unfortunately when companies care more about Shareholders than the people that make the magic happen this is what happens. We are seeing the same thing at companies in our area. I must say that the company I work for has made a conscious effort to formally recognize our folks after getting feedback last few years about the lack of appreciation

Comment

Originally posted by Wits_End View Post
                            That company has been headed downhill for a long time and dropped off the cliff with the takeover from united. Complete trash now, the entire management structure is full of self serving woke sissies. Another perfect example of "everything that goes woke turns to chit".
                            Their purchasing department is a joke. I can't get them to buy a simple bolt.

Comment

Companies just don’t value employees anymore. I’m sure the anniversary stuff was auto generated and sent.

We had two 30+ year managers leave in the last month and not one word to the troops they left.

Comment

Working...
                              X