Lead Ammo Debate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by capt glenn View Post
    i agree with the increased wounding of waterfowl with steel. Especially when jdg13 is shooting my cripples
    fify haha

Comment

Originally posted by StickFlinger View Post
      So this may stir the pot, I don't know because I really don't shoot a lot unless it's my bow. I know there's been a push to remove lead from all ammo along with the gun laws the left is trying pass. However, I don't really grasp how there is opposition to swapping to steel or whatever alternative metal will replace lead. Sure there may be a price increase, but it's very well know that lead is highly toxic to humans and animals. That lead makes it's way back to you via the birds and animals you eat, or the water that you drink. This may just be liberal media blowing things out of proportion (wouldn't surprise me one bit), that's all I get out here in the Bering Sea.

So what say you gun finatics? Do you oppose getting rid of lead? If so, why?
      I went lead free on animals I want to eat a few years ago. X ray's of animals shot with lead core bullets do not whet your appetite. Possible exception are high quality bonded lead cores. Non bonded bullets are a recipe for lead ingestion.

Comment

Originally posted by BuckSmasher View Post
        I went lead free on animals I want to eat a few years ago. X ray's of animals shot with lead core bullets do not whet your appetite. Possible exception are high quality bonded lead cores. Non bonded bullets are a recipe for lead ingestion.
        Ear hole them… unless you eat the brains.

Comment

Get the lead out… unless self defense ammo.

If self defense…intention to poison a body is inherent and necessary.

Good push MrFlinger.

Comment

I have been eating all types of animals that were shot with either lead bird shot, mostly lead core rifle bullets. Never caused me or any of my family any problems. We lived off of deer we killed year round for many years.

I still have a bunch of lead shot in my body, from getting shot with a 12 ga. when I was about 12 years old. Again, no problems from it. I have brought that up with doctors multiple times, their response every time, is don't worry about it, it's not going to harm you.

I have not found any copper bullets that definitely reliably expand, resulting in quick humane kills, other than head or spine shots. I do have some Leading Edge bullets, they are supposed to work in a completely different way from the older Barnes style bullets. I have not had a chance to try them out on a living critter. But I know which lead core bullets do work for my guns, I will stick with those. But I may try out those Leading Edge bullets on a critter or two at some point, just to see how they work. I am always interested to know how new things work. I definitely won't spend anymore money on Barnes bullets done that back in the 80s, then again, about 15 years ago. The newer design stuff is good for head shots. The old stuff from the 80s, is good for display purposes, unless you want to try and blow up a gun.

The liberals can scare the weak minded, I am not buying into the BS. Just another way the liberals are trying to chip away at our gun ownership. If we let the liberals win the battle with lead projectiles, and switch to copper and brass, they will eventually try and banning copper and brass projectiles.

If you personally fear lead, stay away from it, but remember, there is a whole lot of lead in a lot of places, that the liberals are mostly not trying to get rid of. The primary place they are trying to remove lead, is projectiles. All I got to say is F them.

Comment

People have been shooting lead balls at their quarry since the invention of the first rifle. When have you ever heard of somebody getting lead poisoning from eating said quarry or destroying an ecosystem from shooting too many bullets? If this was the case every frontiersman would have died from lead poisoning and every pre 1900 battlefield couldn’t have been turned into farmland.

Comment

Originally posted by diamond10x View Post
                People have been shooting lead balls at their quarry since the invention of the first rifle. When have you ever heard of somebody getting lead poisoning from eating said quarry or destroying an ecosystem from shooting too many bullets? If this was the case every frontiersman would have died from lead poisoning and every pre 1900 battlefield couldn’t have been turned into farmland.
                I just had that thought come to mind, and came back here to add those same words. Thankyou.

Comment

What is the rate of lead poisoning among humans from eating animals thst have traces of lead in their systems?
                  I have bigger things to worry about.
                  Like democrats. They are more toxic than lead.

Comment

I would hope anyone on here can realize that we are all on the same side and should strongly oppose any restrictions that are tried to levy on us. We need y’all’s help even though you may be neutral on this specific issue. Rest assured, I will not be neutral on this or anything that affects hunting or fishing in any capacity even if it doesn’t directly apply to me.

If you wish to not use lead to shoot animals for consumption, by all means, have it your way now but don’t agree with the enemy to take it away from me.

Comment

Originally posted by JakeGraves View Post
                      I would hope anyone on here can realize that we are all on the same side and should strongly oppose any restrictions that are tried to levy on us. We need y’all’s help even though you may be neutral on this specific issue. Rest assured, I will not be neutral on this or anything that affects hunting or fishing in any capacity even if it doesn’t directly apply to me.

If you wish to not use lead to shoot animals for consumption, by all means, have it your way now but don’t agree with the enemy to take it away from me.
                      I'm definitely on the side of if you wana shoot lead be my guest, I was just curious to some opinions. I don't typically gun hunt anyhow, but I'm not gonna stop a man for slingin lead lol.

To me it's similar to liberal pushing recycling down everyone's throat. Trace amounts of plastic show up in **** near every living organism on earth, which is spooky but not enough to hurt anyone. Their plan is to recycle plastics instead of getting rid of them, and none of them remotely understand that the majority of American plastic "recycling" is just shipping that **** on a cargo ship to china to be dumped in a landfill or the ocean. Bottom line is liberals jump on trains without knowin' who's driving or where it's goin'

Comment

I like lead in shotgun shells. That's really the only thing I'm picky about. It's more costs effective than anything else out there and hits harder than steel. If it's a good bullet and I like the way it performs I don't care if it's a green bullet. Most of them I shoot ain't but I have some that are and they have killed stuff just fine.

Comment

Working...
                        X