Rifle Sling Elk Spot and Stalk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rifle Sling Elk Spot and Stalk

I'm looking for advice on a different rifle sling for spot and stalk elk hunting. It will be attached to a traditional rifle. I currently use a neoprene sling and it always slips off my shoulder when i'm carrying my pack. My pack is a Badlands Superday. Anyone have any advice on a sling that keeps your rifle in place when on your shoulder while having a pack on? I'm not against 2 shoulder slings as long i can get the gun off relatively easy. Thanks.

Try one of these.

[ame="https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-Myc1IWr0RA"]The Frankenstud Sling Keeper. Your rifle will never slip from your shoulder ever again. - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

Thanks man. I'll check it out.

Comment

There's a lighter weight plastic one also but I haven't tried it.
        Last edited by justletmein; 08-04-2022, 12:45 PM.

Comment

Sweet. Any personal experience with either? Lot of reviews say they dig into your shoulders

Comment

Originally posted by Jamerendino View Post
            Sweet. Any personal experience with either? Lot of reviews say they dig into your shoulders
            The 1st one yes, it works fine keeping the sling strap in place, can't imagine either digging really but I guess people are built differently. I mainly use the Kuiu harness now but if I grab a different pack these work.

Comment

This is not the last gunsling you will buy- you will buy one of each of your rifles.

I have used them for years on my rifles and I have the archery model on my bow. The will not slip !!!!

Comment

Sew a button onto your backpack strap. Works just like the links provided but much cheaper and no way for it to dig in.

Comment

I have used this sling a lot but never with a large pack, only small ones. Is reasonably priced and does not slip.

Comment

https://quake.bpishopping.com/shop/s...un-slings.html this is the only sling that will stay on your shoulder with a pack on !

Comment

Thanks guys. Seems like a Claw/Quake or some sort of "button" on my pack. I like the idea of the frankenstud but **** is that pricey.

Comment

Originally posted by Jamerendino View Post
                        Thanks guys. Seems like a Claw/Quake or some sort of "button" on my pack. I like the idea of the frankenstud but **** is that pricey.
                        I agree. But it wouldn’t be hard to make one.

Comment

I don’t use one, just use the kifaru gun bearer

Comment

Originally posted by Texans42 View Post
                            I don’t use one, just use the kifaru gun bearer

https://kifaru.net/store/accessories...s/gun-bearers/

I was about to pull the trigger on finding a kifaru as recommended then came across a review for the Slik Sling below. Placed an order for one today.

Highly rated rifle sling for hunting ease and efficiency. Montana made. Our hands-free rifle sling, the Slik Sling, is the latest product from Creative Outdoors designed to improve the comfort and performance of your hunt.

Comment

Working...
                            X