No announcement yet.

Trapping Season 2022-2023

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That one is going to be a trophy to catch again after getting 2 toes.

Keep after him/her though

Blind set in a trail maybe?

Comment

Well Sharkhunter the only bright side I can think of is that will slow him down chasing deer until his foot heals up!

Comment

Originally posted by Trapper76 View Post
        Well Sharkhunter the only bright side I can think of is that will slow him down chasing deer until his foot heals up!
        Lol!

Comment

A comment on my trapping program effectiveness.
          I have a young doe, first set of fawns, I believe, that had them late. They are small, she is small and skinny from nursing, but they are all 3 still alive.
          If there ever was a bunch of deer that coyotes would target, I think those 3 would be it.

Comment

Well it’s not 3 toes but I bet it’s his girlfriend lol !
            Attached Files

Comment

Nice catch Sharkhunter!!! She was probably loaded with pups,, so that’s like catching 4to9 coyotes in one.

Comment

Brute that doe with fawns is a testament to your predator control. It amazes me the people will spend 10s to hundreds of thousands on their deer herd,, only to let the predators eat them.

Comment

[ame="http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=NVyfUegmG-g&t=708s"]Sets I use and the O'Gorman Soaker Hose Set - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

Update to post #364

May just be wild dogs or dogs that run with coyotes or the coyote just happened to show up a couple minutes after them?

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0004.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	159.4 KB
ID:	24708564

Name:	IMG_0005.jpg
Size:	159.2 KB
ID:	24708565

Comment

Slowly chipping away at the coyotes, #6 since Jan 1

Barely had him but, had him

Name:	IMG_7999.jpg
Size:	351.5 KB
ID:	24708864

Name:	IMG_8002.jpg
Size:	324.5 KB
ID:	24708865

Comment

[ame="http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=7s_YdSJGfQI&t=139s"]Another Lonesome Trapline Part 6 - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

Originally posted by sharkhunter View Post
                          Tomorrow will be 12 days in on trying to target a coyote inside a high fence operation. I had him yesterday but he was toe caught and pulled off 2 toes and got out :-(. If he not bouncing on a chain tomorrow I’m pulling out and going to let him settle down and hit him again in 2 to 3 weeks.

I put a scent post set just outside the catch circle. Maybe I’ll get luck but I’m not counting on it lol ! The last pic is the remake with the scent post.
                          Good try! That one is going to be hard to catch again. Probably will require a blind set of some sort - trail set or snare, set with little human scent as possible. I’m amazed at how fast you new guys get the hang of trapping and become proficient at it. Back in “the day” it was mostly trial and error, with a few tips from the old timers. We didn’t have forums or videos. A few elemental booklets of sorts helped, but mostly learned the hard way. Good job guys (and gals)!

Comment

FHA fur auction is live today through 22 nd in Canada.
                            No furs in it for us but we will be in the next auction.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=71lnBvTEr0k"]Fur Harvesters Auction Inc Live Stream - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

Caught a big bred female on my lease up the road from me. A group came up last weekend and out of 12 traps they ran over 8. To say I’m discouraged is an understatement. With this cold snap I feel I could have caught a couple more. Such is life :-/
                              Attached Files

Comment

Got another male

#8 off of my place since I started in December
                                5 males and 3 females so far

Also first one I have ever caught in a blind set. No bait or lure, just a trap in the 4 wheeler tracks

Name:	IMG_8020.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	319.8 KB
ID:	24709435

Comment

Working...
                                X