No announcement yet.

Grapevine Hunting 2022-2023

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Welcome, Ethan! Sounds like you're a quick learner. Stay the course, follow the rules, and sooner or later, you will score.

Comment

Anyone on here hunting feeders on public land off 114? You don’t have to post publicly. You can message me. Just wanna give you warning before I text the game warden.

Comment

Originally posted by Larry View Post
        Anyone on here hunting feeders on public land off 114? You don’t have to post publicly. You can message me. Just wanna give you warning before I text the game warden.
        Larry why didn't you warn all of us there was a legend out in the field. No wonder we are not having luck. The deer are all running scared.

Comment

As in you found feeders or people on them or what?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by troy_w_7 View Post
            I still hunted this morning and saw 7 bucks (3 shooters) and 2-3 does. One was a real wide 10 pointer I've had pics of since the summer but haven’t seen for a while. The second was a legal 6-7 pointer but not a giant. The third was possibly the biggest deer I've seen on the hoof. Also have trail cam pics of him in a number of different spots but hadn’t seen him on the hoof before. I was going to cross the field to my next setup and bumped him, a doe and a satellite buck. The 2 bigger bucks were with does; the others were solo. Nothing was in bow range but it was a cool morning. Happy Thanksgiving!
            Sounds like a great morning! Based on previous years surveys you saw more bucks this morning than most folks see in a season.

Comment

After my evening sit today, saw total of 10 deer. Unfortunately all on the hike in and back. Drew back on a buck while I was walking in and let an arrow fly. Used the 30 pin when he was at 15-20 yards. Don’t know why but yeah. Arrow went over his back and he ducked.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Might check with the office first, they do put them out from time to time for survey purposes.

Comment

Originally posted by JD81 View Post
                  Might check with the office first, they do put them out from time to time for survey purposes.

Lol, well if so, they’ve had em there around 10 years…

Somebody’s on private and they know it.

Comment

Originally posted by Kirby86 View Post
                    Lol, well if so, they’ve had em there around 10 years…

Somebody’s on private and they know it.
                    I've seen a feeder right in the middle of corps land before, it's older, pretty sure it was for a survey.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Comment

[emoji2359]

Comment

[emoji2359]

You need a bigger image, Larry. Plus, it ain't show-n up on my computer.

I did look at it on my cell. But it's almost to small to see.
                        Happy Thanksgiving bro!

Comment

Got my first bow kill today! Was walking on a trail and saw some movement. One black hog ran off and a spotted one was still feeding. Got down drew back and shot at him 20 yards through brush. Perfect double lung pass through ran maybe 35 yards. Decent sized boar.

Comment

well done, Ethan! great looking pig...

Comment

Good eater right there Mr Hines! Congrats on your first.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
                                You need a bigger image, Larry. Plus, it ain't show-n up on my computer.

I did look at it on my cell. But it's almost to small to see.
                                Happy Thanksgiving bro!

I posted a facepalm emoji for those that think USACE would survey using feeders and bait yet prohibit them for hunters.

Comment

Working...
                                X