No announcement yet.

Grapevine Hunting 2022-2023

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finally got time to pick up my permit today. I'll accept all PM's with GPS coordinates of where all the big dumb bucks are.

I'm counting down the days until I can get a scouting tip in.

Comment

Is it just me or the drought had no effect on slowing this mess down!?!?

Sent from my LM-G900 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by tward1604 View Post
        Finally got time to pick up my permit today. I'll accept all PM's with GPS coordinates of where all the big dumb bucks are.

I'm counting down the days until I can get a scouting tip in.
        Here you go!

32.9574868, -97.0438145

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Double-AA View Post

Ugh. Haven't been out there yet but was hoping the drought would've thinned it out a bit.

Comment

Originally posted by Double-AA View Post

It's pretty darn thick out there still!

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy3-17 View Post
              Here you go!

32.9574868, -97.0438145

Even I can kill one there

Comment

Here you go!

32.9574868, -97.0438145

That's the kinda quality I'm talkin about! I'll scout soon.

Comment

Here you go!

32.9574868, -97.0438145

I've seen some literal wall hangers over there by the guns/ammo!

Comment

Originally posted by troy_w_7 View Post
                    I've seen some literal wall hangers over there by the guns/ammo!
                    Dang! Wall hangers and guns and ammo! If they had a reliable supply of reloading components I'd leave work now.

Comment

So I spent tons more time scouting entry points today rather than actually scouting areas for deer signs and places to set up. Did get to walk some areas in between work this morning and afternoon so if anyone sees a fat guy in a collared shirt and pants on their cameras, that was my dumb self. Hopefully I didn't trample anyone's areas. Plan to trek deeper over the next few days...this rain is going to make scouting more fun.

Comment

Originally posted by jbolton View Post
                        So I spent tons more time scouting entry points today rather than actually scouting areas for deer signs and places to set up. Did get to walk some areas in between work this morning and afternoon so if anyone sees a fat guy in a collared shirt and pants on their cameras, that was my dumb self. Hopefully I didn't trample anyone's areas. Plan to trek deeper over the next few days...this rain is going to make scouting more fun.
                        Last year was my first out there and that was one of my biggest struggles initially...finding a decent access point that led to something.

I finally found a couple but am still trying to find access to other areas. Best of luck!

Comment

Finally got out scouting today. Wow this place is great. As soon as I made it in the tree line I was on an old rub line. Plenty of trails everywhere.

Also I found some hawk climbing sticks that someone lost last year or the year before. They were on the ground with at least a years worth of sitting on them.

If you can tell me where you lost them and how many you lost. (via pm to protect your spot is fine) I’d love to meet up and give them back to whomever lost them.

Comment

Originally posted by tward1604 View Post
                            Finally got out scouting today. Wow this place is great. As soon as I made it in the tree line I was on an old rub line. Plenty of trails everywhere.

Also I found some hawk climbing sticks that someone lost last year or the year before. They were on the ground with at least a years worth of sitting on them.

If you can tell me where you lost them and how many you lost. (via pm to protect your spot is fine) I’d love to meet up and give them back to whomever lost them.
                            If nobody claims them, I'll buy them from you!

Comment

Went out there for the very first time on the 11th and did some scouting. Man what a neat property! Found some nice rub lines and travel corridors.

Comment

[QUOTE=gumbl3;16359493]Never seen a live draw done... Would be fun I think[/QUOTE
                                I know a group that has been drawn the last 5 years so yea I would like to see a live draw to see if they are full of it or if they know somebody!!

Comment

Working...
                                X