Old guys getting into shape

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Snipehunter View Post
    Lots of men suffer from Low T now at age 30+. My level was at 360 and the doc put me on AndroGel. The best thing to do is lift weights and kickstart your body's natural production. Eat right and exercise is the way to keep the fatigue from kicking your butt. BTW, I am 41
    Thanks, I will admit I don't do any weights or much cardio. I guess I can start there for now. I am a little over weight but not much. I'll try lifting some weights and see if it helps some.

Comment

Originally posted by glen View Post
      I have done extensive research and it is reccomended to stay on top of your bloodwork and not get it high as there are risks then. Have low T increases you cholesterol and higher blood pressure as well as other risks. It doesnt matter for some what they eat and how hard they work out it will not result in acceptable levels. I happen to be one.
      That's good to know too as the Dr. also told me my cholesterol is a little bit high.

Comment

I have low T took the Androgel for the first year. My level was around 150. It brought it up as well as a change in life style and Diet. Levels came up to normal but after a year were back down in the 300's. Started the injections once a week and now levels are normal. Injections = inch and a half needle in your thigh or hip once a week not fun but the wife loves getting to stab me.

Comment

Eat lots of nuts and berries and lots of rough vegetables and clean meat protein. Work out large muscle groups low reps heavy weight may help you Bowslayer. I tried everything for a year before injections in the butt.

There are other things to check as well Thyroid is another big one. Getting old is tough and genetics are hard to fight. I get everything checked. Heartscan yearly, prostrate twice a year. Be careful and do your best. My body fat is below 18% and I'm 240 lbs. I plan on hurting my retirement system as much as I can and living a long life. Those thick syrup Test injections help me keep all my other numbers in check. My dietitian said there isn't much more I can do. Maybe someone on here can give me some more ideas.

Comment

Originally posted by Snipehunter View Post
            I hear you!! Belly fat and your 40's are not a good combo and hard to deal with. You should be 90% diet, 8% weights, and 2% cardio. Muscle growth burns more fat than cardio, but you need both. Your diet is the biggest thing. "You are what you eat", is the absolute truth
            Very true...I am guilty of this in somewhat, eating part. Well, occassionally beer drinking on ranch...

I guess, whole thing on changing lifestyle may be in the order for me. 40 in August...its time to make serious changes.

All of other aspects as far as chol, blood pressure and the whole 9 yards are all good! That is good to know, just need to get back into being fit again.

Comment

1.5 cc's every other week for me.

Comment

Whether you are young or old there are some things you need to keep in mind. It requires a life style tinge. Do not expect to loose 20much lbs overnight. Stay away from all of the fad diets. Start off by first going to visit your doctor. Then start a sensible workout/ meal plan. If you really do not understand this get a couple of sessions with a trainer and a nutritionist. Set multiple goals that can be reached. Luke I said this is a life style change and will be tough. To those making changes and getting in shape good luck.

Glenn

Comment

Im 39. Ive been on it a year. Ive dropped 20 pounds with no exercise and my muscle tone it better. I just started the tire flippin. Maybe in another year ill be like i was when i was 32. 211lbs and 8% body fat. Hey a fella can dream!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Ragin' View Post
                    Testo injection here.
                    That explains a lot! Just kidding

Comment

Hey Glen after your shoulder gets healed up let me know if you want to work out with me. I have a pretty good set up here at my house. I don't use it as often as I should and think a workout partner would keep me motivated/honest about using it!

Comment

Originally posted by glen View Post
                        My dietitian said there isn't much more I can do. Maybe someone on here can give me some more ideas.
                        I'm starting a pipe fence job in about a week. There will be a lot of heavy lifting involved there Glen. I won't pay you, you will pay me....you know, for giving you a good work out.

Comment

I was doing the T injections and have not stopped. My family Dr. put me on them because he said it was low. Started with 1 cc every other week. After the first shot you'd thought I was 18 with all of the energy and good attitude I had. Then it started going down so he put me on 1 cc every week. It got to where it lasted about three days and I felt like crap for the other four so I went to an endo. Learned your T is at its highest first thing in the morning so that is when you get blood work, my Dr. always checked it in the afternoon. It's a drug that your body depends on and once you start with the injections your body stops producing it all together. I'm waiting for the results but I haven't had a shot in about three weeks. Around 3:00 I'll start feeling a little tired bit I'm not having the ups and downs I had with injections. The endo said it would take 3-4 months fort body to start producing it naturally again so I'll do blood work then and see what happens. There's a chance I might have to take it but I sure hope not. I also wake up at 5:00 AM every morning to workout so when 3:00 comes that's ten hours later. Long story short, don't trust a family Dr. when it comes to this, go to an endo.

Comment

Well my wife called me earlier today with my blood work results. Testosterone level is 120. I will be 40 in August. He has prescribed injections every 2 weeks. I have tried everything under the sun to increase my energy including diet and exercise with no lasting results. Hopefully this will help.

Comment

I just want to say my dad will be 60 this year and is in awesome shape. No joke he is ripped. He started slow 30+ pounds over weight and now works out 4-5 times per week. I am proud of my hero! He credits his sucess to Body by Vi. Some of you guys should check into it.

Comment

I ran 3 miles yesterday and on Monday. Today I just completed a six mile road march with 50lbs. I feel great

Comment

Working...
                                X