Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mary Lou was better and cuter.

Comment

Hopefully it lets one of the better girls have a chance at the spotlight.

Comment

Originally posted by Dusty Britches View Post
        The US gymnastics team said the press wrote that wrong - not mental issues but medical issues.
        Her direct quote says she didn’t have an injury but is “dealing with a few things”.
        With the amount of pressure she’s under, no doubt some of it is mental

Comment

Ya, Mary Lou had just a tad bit more pressure on her performing with that broken foot and still going for it.

Wish they never called Simone the goat, what an insult to soooo many great's that came before her.

Comment

Originally posted by soldierarcher View Post
            Ya, Mary Lou had just a tad bit more pressure on her performing with that broken foot and still going for it.

Wish they never called Simone the goat, what an insult to soooo many great's that came before her.

Not the goat....goats don't let pressure make them quit on their team...

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
              Not the goat....goats don't let pressure make them quit on their team...
              I agree. She's seemingly a good person, role model to many, and obviously one heck of an athlete and has certainly worked hard buuutttt.... somehow you would think she would dig down and find the mental fortitude to compete. I mean, she had a leotard designed with a Goat on it, she interviewed and implied she didn't think she could be beaten, and everyone else there competing has pressure on them. I wish her the best, but she's in her prime and the true greats find a way. She's just pulling a LeBron now. But I'm an out of shape 41 year old behind a keyboard so what do I know. Good luck to the rest of the U.S.A athletes there competing...well those that actually like the US anyway.

Comment

I read the article and it said she injured her leg after a botched vault - I also saw a slow mo vid of her doing a triple double and she truly defies the laws of gravity ! Hope this works! https://youtu.be/CmRHT4LdyMk

Comment

I believe she just cleared it up......................"No Physical Injury"

Rwc

Comment

"Mental Health" has been made a crutch by the vast majority of this country. Everyone wants to be in the spotlight until someone turns it on.

Comment

Originally posted by dbelcher269 View Post
                      I agree. She's seemingly a good person, role model to many, and obviously one heck of an athlete and has certainly worked hard buuutttt.... somehow you would think she would dig down and find the mental fortitude to compete. I mean, she had a leotard designed with a Goat on it, she interviewed and implied she didn't think she could be beaten, and everyone else there competing has pressure on them. I wish her the best, but she's in her prime and the true greats find a way. She's just pulling a LeBron now. But I'm an out of shape 41 year old behind a keyboard so what do I know. Good luck to the rest of the U.S.A athletes there competing...well those that actually like the US anyway.
                      You think that might be the persona she wants to put off to over come the trauma of rape? Just speculating but I would think that (in front of the world) along with being told you are the best in world most of your life could take its toll on your noggin.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                        "Mental Health" has been made a crutch by the vast majority of this country. Everyone wants to be in the spotlight until someone turns it on.
                        Dang. That last sentence is so true.

Comment

Originally posted by Dusty Britches View Post
                          The US gymnastics team said the press wrote that wrong - not mental issues but medical issues.
                          Same thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                            Those lights flicker all the time in the work place.

Comment

That young lady has lived her whole life in the spotlight, and more combined gold metals than any other gymnast. I really hope she pulls it together. Nice to see an young lady out there instead of all young 13+ year old teenagers.

Comment

Originally posted by myway View Post
                                You think that might be the persona she wants to put off to over come the trauma of rape? Just speculating but I would think that (in front of the world) along with being told you are the best in world most of your life could take its toll on your noggin.
                                It could. But the thing is she chooses to be there in front of the spotlight. I'm not discounting she has issues or has faced trauma of some sort, most of us in life have. I'm saying she refers to herself as the goat in her sport and accepted and competed to be on a TEAM in an event she KNEW would be highly publicized. I applaud her for giving the real reason and hope she gets better while at the same time saying she should have made this decision a while back to allow someone else to fulfill their dream.

Comment

Working...
                                X