Somerville 21-22

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ras308 View Post
    I was raised there. I've been on a boat when there was 9 foot of water over 125!!!

I’d believe it. I don’t remember what year it was when I went out there and the road was the o my thing not under water. Pretty crazy only seeing some treetops sticking out of what looked like a lake.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by rem788 View Post
      I’d believe it. I don’t remember what year it was when I went out there and the road was the o my thing not under water. Pretty crazy only seeing some treetops sticking out of what looked like a lake.

Me and a buddy were on the lake when it was 10ft high, the next day it rained 24” and the water ran 2’+ over 1697 at nails creek

Comment

Has anyone hunted Somerville since the baiting season opened? I got myself a crossbow and thought of going out but by the time I got it, it got too hot haha

Comment

Originally posted by PLBowhunter View Post
          Has anyone hunted Somerville since the baiting season opened? I got myself a crossbow and thought of going out but by the time I got it, it got too hot haha

Grass is tall, cant see where you are stepping so wear snake boots or gaiters. bug spray will be a must

Comment

Originally posted by Beargrasstx View Post
            Grass is tall, cant see where you are stepping so wear snake boots or gaiters. bug spray will be a must
            Why don't they just prescribe burn it then? Or plant more deer to mow the grass?

Maybe I can come with a scythe and just make myself a trail

Comment

Originally posted by PLBowhunter View Post
              Why don't they just prescribe burn it then? Or plant more deer to mow the grass?

Maybe I can come with a scythe and just make myself a trail

Go ahead cut that trail so you can have 10 people follow it… you’ll learn Somerville is cut throat and over ran by weekend hunters

Comment

Might well post gps cordinates to your pig season corn pile

Comment

That's one of the few good things about shift work but even hunters are out there during week day

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell8 View Post
                    Might well post gps cordinates to your pig season corn pile
                    Those are easy to find as usually by a road with a dolly to transport corn. Plus not really necessary out there to kill pigs

Comment

That's one of the few good things about shift work but even hunters are out there during week day

I’m just gonna stay away from yegua unit for now on lol sad I had to leave it after 12 yrs but tired of the pot lickers lol

Comment

Originally posted by GD47 View Post
                        I’m just gonna stay away from yegua unit for now on lol sad I had to leave it after 12 yrs but tired of the pot lickers lol

Nails isn't better...might be worse

Comment

Nails isn't better...might be worse

Oh i wouldn’t hunt nails lol and if I did it wouldn’t be on the cr side thinking I’m gonna hunt back side of yegua box 5 I think it is never stepped foot on that side of the world

Comment

Oh i wouldn’t hunt nails lol and if I did it wouldn’t be on the cr side thinking I’m gonna hunt back side of yegua box 5 I think it is never stepped foot on that side of the world

I've been on backside of 5 and there is a local kid that hunts back there a lot. Backside of 4 might be good, thick and swampy though

Comment

Duckhunters are at 1,2,3, 5. I've never hunted 4 and not sure anywhere for duckhunters there.

Somerville is fun to get out and enjoy nature and I like it better than Sam being archery only

Comment

Go ahead cut that trail so you can have 10 people follow it… you’ll learn Somerville is cut throat and over ran by weekend hunters

Man that sucks... I've hunted Alberta before moving here for about 6 years and never seen another hunter in my area. I've seen signs of natives setting up camp a week before hunting season for the colonizers starts but never had anyone sit in my stand or walking the same trail I do.

You do see camps and trucks driving around road hunting on public land but that's about it. Here? I've had people walk right out in front of me haha.

Comment

Working...
                                X