No announcement yet.

Drone Hovering Over Me While Hunting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I missed one by inches with a pink skitter walk in Allyn's Bight this summer . I knew who's it was though and the video was actually pretty cool.

Comment

Originally posted by FastLife1K View Post
      https://newyork.cbslocal.com/2019/02...e-missing-dog/

There have been a couple incidents in Texas that aren't mentioned in the news were the FAA gave out fines for shooting drones.

What you are referring to fall under privacy laws and the drone operator if found can be prosecuted by local police for "peeping Tom" laws. And pretty soon those probably wont matter with how far you can zoom in on google earth lol
      I’m not arguing that shooting down drones should be legal. That should (and will) remain illegal for a number of reasons. In your original post you mentioned that you don’t understand why people react the way they do to drones and not helicopters. I was pointing out there are a number of reasons for that. Eventually laws will need to be revised for drones but I don’t think that should include shooting them down.

Comment

Originally posted by Jspradley View Post
        I'm sure there's recourse for the person being harrassed, operators have pretty strict rules they have to follow but you'd likely end up with fed problems shooting one down unless you can prove some sort of real danger.
        "I felt threatened". That should be all that it takes to legally down a drone, and, if it's in bow range, it's a threat. Somebody is going to strap a weapon to a drone, and that's when all of these laws will change.

Comment

Originally posted by ultrastealth View Post
          "I felt threatened". That should be all that it takes to legally down a drone, and, if it's in bow range, it's a threat. Somebody is going to strap a weapon to a drone, and that's when all of these laws will change.
          You would think that would spur some action but they already used a drone in an assassination attempt on a Https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caracas_drone_attack

Comment

Originally posted by Alta View Post
            I’m not arguing that shooting down drones should be legal. That should (and will) remain illegal for a number of reasons. In your original post you mentioned that you don’t understand why people react the way they do to drones and not helicopters. I was pointing out there are a number of reasons for that. Eventually laws will need to be revised for drones but I don’t think that should include shooting them down.
            I mainly meant as far as drones flying over peoples houses at reasonable heights 100+ Drone laws need ALOT of work on them to get them fixed lol

Comment

Someone is hunting your set up.....when you are there!

Comment

"An entry into another’s airspace is a trespass even if the trespasser doesn’t touch the surface of the earth. Aircraft may trespass by flying low over a person’s property, for example. An aircraft trespasses by flying low enough over the surface to interfere with the owner’s reasonable use and enjoyment of his/her surface."
                Airspace ownership is defined as the airspace that an owner can reasonably use, such as putting up an antennae of sorts or building a high-rise building. It is muddy waters beyond that because airspace above what a land owner can use belongs to the public.

Comment

After one has been shot down for attacking someone....is there a GPS chip or anything that they need to smash and destroy? Asking for a friend

Comment

Originally posted by Split_Brow View Post
                    "An entry into another’s airspace is a trespass even if the trespasser doesn’t touch the surface of the earth. Aircraft may trespass by flying low over a person’s property, for example. An aircraft trespasses by flying low enough over the surface to interfere with the owner’s reasonable use and enjoyment of his/her surface."
                    Airspace ownership is defined as the airspace that an owner can reasonably use, such as putting up an antennae of sorts or building a high-rise building. It is muddy waters beyond that because airspace above what a land owner can use belongs to the public.
                    Air rights are a messy subject

The low cost of unmanned aerial vehicles (also called drones) in the 2000s re-raised legal questions regarding whose permission is required to fly at low altitudes; the landowner, the FAA or both.[12] There has never been a direct challenge to the federal governments vesting of the right for citizens to travel though navigable airspace. As such, the status quo is only permission from the FAA (through regulation) is required. However, existing property rights over private property still allow for civil claims of taking when property use is "substantially impaired" by the use of the airspace.[13] The FAA has also reiterated that it has sole authority to regulate this right.

Comment

Originally posted by Man View Post
                      After one has been shot down for attacking someone....is there a GPS chip or anything that they need to smash and destroy? Asking for a friend
                      Wrap it with tin foil lol thats how some drone owners were blocking the GPS signal and flying into controlled airspace.

Comment

Originally posted by Split_Brow View Post
                        Private aircraft are prohibited from flying below 500 feet without the landowner's consent. I don't see why drones wouldn't be included in this.

Comment

Originally posted by ultrastealth View Post
                          Private aircraft are prohibited from flying below 500 feet without the landowner's consent. I don't see why drones wouldn't be included in this.
                          in the United States in particular, the Federal Aviation Administration calls this concept the minimum safe altitude (MSA), and is defined within the Federal Aviation Regulations (FAR):

Anywhere: an altitude allowing a safe emergency landing without undue hazard to person or property on the ground;
                          Over Congested Areas: an altitude of 1,000 feet above the highest obstacle within a horizontal distance of less than 2,000 feet;
                          Over Unpopulated Areas: an altitude of 500 feet AGL;
                          Over Open Water or Sparsely Populated Areas: an altitude allowing for a linear distance greater than 500 feet from any person, vessel, vehicle, or structure;
                          Helicopters: If without hazard to persons or property on the surface, an altitude lower than in definitions 2, 3, and 4 above, provided in compliance with any routes or altitudes specifically prescribed for helicopters by the FAA.

Comment

carry mini drones and send them up after it .

Comment

Originally posted by sharpstick35 View Post
                              carry mini drones and send them up after it .
                              Get one of them falcons!

Comment

Originally posted by FastLife1K View Post
                                Get one of them falcons!
                                That would be messy...

Comment

Working...
                                X