Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Don’t forget to unload guns before cleaning.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don’t forget to unload guns before cleaning.

My sister had a close call today with her neighbor cleaning his gun in his apartment.

She was in the shower and her boyfriend was laying on the couch when it happened. Scary part was there were 3 kids there 30 minutes before and their dad was sitting on that barstool.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Dang. That could have been bad

Comment

That sounds like don’t forget to turn the engine off before changing the belt

Glad no one was hurt & hopefully the neighbor learned a good tip before handling a gun preparing to clean it

Comment

Oh man, glad everyone is ok

Comment

Bet that scared the hell out of everyone involved ! Glad nobody was hurt !

Comment

Whoa

Comment

Dang I know the feeling! When I was 10 years old I was acting like the rifleman playing with my dads 30-30 in the house when nobody was around, had no idea it was loaded and shot through 3 walls and found bullet in the side of the refrigerator. Lol. Good times

Comment

My wife's younger brother was cleaning a .410 shotgun several years ago and shot a hole through their parents front door. Almost took out the dog. I know accidents happen, but why anyone wouldn't check a gun before cleaning is beyond me. Glad everyone was ok.

Comment

I’m glad the barstool was the only victim!

Comment

Maybe it's just the way I learned about guns (Military) but it just blows my mind when I hear about anyone who has an accidental discharge while cleaning. I feel like the very first step should be dropping the mag, and clearing the chamber and it should be done as a habit no matter what condition you know the firearm is in.

I'm glad nobody was hurt and hopefully the neighbor learns from this.

Comment

Wow. Glad that no one was hurt!

Comment

Glad no one was hurt. I may have killed an above ground swimming pool with a 28 gauge when I was a young man by not checking. Lesson stuck with me.

Comment

Somebody was practicing their quick draw.

Comment

Thats scary. Glad no one was hurt

Comment

Wow!!! I never understand how this happens. Maybe I am weird. When I clean a gun I start "inside" the gun and work my way out. Literally the first place I clean is the Barrel.

Comment

Working...
                              X