• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

������

Comment

Great video Rusty. Thanks for posting.

Comment

Its refreshing to hear a hunter with your experience admit how hard aging is looking at deer without knowing his history. I really enjoyed the video, your enthusiasm is contagious too

Comment

Too Cool as usual.thanx for your time and commitment sir.

Comment

Awesome video again!!

Comment

Originally posted by Farmdog View Post
              Its refreshing to hear a hunter with your experience admit how hard aging is looking at deer without knowing his history. I really enjoyed the video, your enthusiasm is contagious too
              I agree!

Comment

Just finished reading all 64 pages. By far the best thread on TBH.

Thank you, El Gato, for taking the time to share this with us all.

Comment

Originally posted by Farmdog View Post
                  Whole hearted agreement here.

Comment

Are you still liking American joint vetch?
                    I’m planning on switching to that this spring since it’s native, high protein, and should reseed.

Comment

Are you still liking American joint vetch?
                      I’m planning on switching to that this spring since it’s native, high protein, and should reseed.

Comment

Also I’ve read that it can handle more upland sites than most people have previously thought. What do you think?

Comment

I am still a big fan of joint vetch. I think its one of the best summer deer foods out there. I generally mix it 50/50---10lbs each with Alyce clover. The growth and maintenance habits are very similar and stands can usually be maintained for several years. Can be compatible with small grains and crimson also as the crimson plays out before the vetch starts sprouting. I just lightly scratch the soil early May to get seed soil contact with the seed bank and it readily comes back.

Vetch is slow to germinate and start in the summer but as weather gets warm it will grow till frost. Purely anecdotal but several of our very best bucks could be seen almost daily in vetch fields . I plant some every year.

Comment

I'm experimenting with a new way to terminate plots. Probably not for most but fun to explore ways to improve fields

Comment

Should have mentioned, I'm planting:
                              5 lbs sunn hemp
                              25 lbs cow peas
                              5 lbs sunflower
                              5 lbs buck wheat
                              1 lb okra
                              1 lb sorghum almum

Comment

I love these threads.

Comment

Working...