Ceiling Painting Advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ceiling Painting Advice

Need done painting advice from some experts. I’m painting our high ceilings and I’m going to have to do it in stages due to the need to dismantle scaffolding and frankly inability to isolate all room down stairs. It pretty much a continuous ceiling.

I’m planning to roll the long way with the light from our windows using Pittsburgh flat mocha. It’s always blended well but I’m concerned as there could be days as I move room to room and wife is set on doing it in sections.

If I feather out where I end do you think I can make it look good on a textured ceiling. Figuring the can lights and texture will help
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Sethmac; 08-29-2020, 11:43 AM.

I’d use Sherman Williams super paint. It works really well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

if those rooms have the same ceiling you will notice where you start and end and start back up again. You should always paint over a wet paint when moving in sections. Ceilings are especially bad about showing that and even more so with flat.

Comment

BuckRage lapmarks are typically worse the more gloss you have....but yeah that is my concern
        Last edited by Sethmac; 08-29-2020, 02:21 PM.

Comment

Been in the paint business for 15 years,Use a paint specifically for ceilings. They have less sheen then the flat wall paints. Stopping and starting days apart, your almost guaranteed to have lap marks. If you have areas that have heavy shadowing on the ceiling, this can help hide some marks. Avoid stopping in well lit areas.

Comment

All depends on how much paint is currently on the mud/texture. Basically builder painting is a "primer"........I say with flat you're fine....

Comment

Spray rig with extensions.

Comment

Got the wife talked into knocking it out in one session (ceiling only). I usually u se and airless with a power roller but thinking of using a 24 ft extension with an 18 in roller . Any advice on a sturdy extension ...

Comment

Spray rig or rent a man lift and get it all done same time

Comment

Why do you have a fan on the wall

Comment

I did the majority of my house (14' ceilings) with a power roller. What a whoopin. Last entertainment room I went with spray nozzle. Much easier and came out better. It was an eggshell not flat btw.

Comment

Working...
                      X